Sunday 16 December 2012

Day 112 - Surprise trip back home

I know I've not blogged for the longest time, but I must say, Masters at Imperial is beyond hectic! Past few weeks I've been 'living in school' for up to 17 hours a day. From courseworks to assignments and exam preparations. I cannot believe how hectic it has become! Fell sick a couple of times, and weather was not helping either. Never in my life have I been well drugged with medication before, due to fever. So. Uncool.

To be honest, the past 4 months since I started the course, I've also never learned THIS much. It's so intense and they just keep feeding us with new knowledge every single day. But at the same time, it's amazing. The things that they teach us just makes me so excited! Not so amazing when it comes to exams though...coz that just means you've got more to read and understand. At one point, I was just absorbing in without having understood it first -____-

Exams were tough but yeah...

next.

I finished exams on Thursday at 12 pm and by 4pm, it was already Aiman's birthday back in Malaysia. We didn't make it past 4 pm, he fell asleep even before he turned 26. He's skillful like that, and we were never really all that great with time difference anyway. He mentioned a few weeks back that "even a boy at 26 still loves presents in boxes you know?", "Hmmm. Mmmmkays"...so I had to think of where-the-hell-do-I-find-a-big-box from all the way in London?! Demanding betul birthday boy ni. Bagi hints susah susah. Lol!

So for his birthday this year, I decided to send him a big box of present
(even if the present inside was not all that big)

 and


.


.


.








fly back home straight after exams, to be back home on his birthday! 
If I could fit myself in a box, I swear I would have done so.
Happy birthday sayang!
I know long distance is not our cup of tea, but we've made it through 4 months with the most challenging ups and downs like never before, I've only got another 8 to go, InsyaAllah :)

Was also back to surprise mama and papa, and this was probably the best reaction I got. They had to look twice if I was their daughter or not. Worth every pound I spent on the new flight ticket home!

Not to forget, making it to abang Imran's and Kak Aliaa's engagement. MasyaAllah, they looked so good together, so was the event and everything about the event. 6 months to go InsyaAllah, I'm beyond happy for both of them! :)
(Clearer pictures kena tunggu official photographer ok :P)
For now, I'm just gonna rest and sleep and play and sleep somemore and eat and sleep and play and....

SO GOOD TO BE HOME YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!

With the girl who has been spoiling me from the minute I arrived at KLIA. My one and only kak long :)

3 comments:

farhana said...

Wohooo, u looks so glowing in 2nd picture! And both of u looks so good together. =)

Enjoy ur holiday.

Kim L said...

Eh!!! I thought you were gonna show a picture of the cake?? La... ceyh!! Miss you!

x
Kim
accidental encounters

Alia Ishak said...

Farhana: Thank you sayang! It's the glow from the kesejukan in London tu, baru land a few hours before. hehe :)

Kim: Wai you sleep so late huh? hehe. Cake picture was tweeted already, and you know how it looks like. Cheh. hehe...misssyou! Will come by see you and vivy and asma this week!