Thursday 10 July 2014

Partnerships and Collaborations

Looking out for fruitful Partnerships and Collaborations for YCM can be very tiring. You don't just collaborate or partner with just about anyone, you have to go through the whole synergy valuation and listing down all the potential upside and downside of it.

Past couple of weeks I've been going for meetings with a few organisations/companies to explore  potential partnerships and collaborations. I must say although it's tiring, it's fun at the same time! Not only you're allowed to be creative with event ideas but it also tests your negotiation skills. It's like doing a merger, you go into it if it has value add.

The good thing about YCM is that we run like a family business - small close knit family. So no matter how small a new idea is, it will just get the entire chat group alive and we sometimes think we're Superman (wanting to do the impossible)! I'm one to get really excited if I think the idea may have a 50-50 chance for it to kick off. It gives me this you HAVE to make sure you don't let go of this opportunity sort of feeling.

I just feel that collaborating and partnering with another party will bring a bigger gain to our members. Plus, at the end of the day, the goal of YCM is to help others get better access into the corporate world and gaining knowledge on work ethics and skills you require to become successful.

Running YCM has definitely shaped me to become a better person in so many many ways.

I love my YCM *sigh*

Anyway! In collaboration with Bursa Malaysia, YCM will be hosting its YCM Special Series over a yummylicious buka puasa together with Dato' Tajuddin Atan, CEO of Bursa Malaysia next week. If you're interested, click here to RSVP :)




No comments: