Monday 8 October 2007

Disease....

I don't know what has gotten into me, but Malay songs have been playing frequently on my iTunes!!! Whacko kid kan? So patriotic la tiba tiba kan!

One day you play basketball like a pro, skipping to school happily, doing homework and going to classes like all other kids around and the next you are not able to estimate specific distance, slow at responding and reacting, unsteady and clumsy motion of the body due to a failure of the fine coordination of muscle movements....all due to a disease called spinocerebellar degeneration. No cure has been found thus far..... It brings me to think how lucky I am to still be able to run around, move about, talk normally etc.
just a true story which moved me

Anyway, covered by sweet strawberry smell decorated with ALL-GREEN decos, the room is really a condusive place to do work and I'm not complaining :) Yesterday we went grocery shopping to stock up the house and to be honest, I don't think it was a good idea! At night afterwards, all us three housemates paid frequent visits to the kitchen!! aaaggghh! It seems like we live to eat and not the other way around. *grins*

I've been bogged down with courseworks and so many other matters that my own housemates don't see me often eventhough I'm IN the house. Yes, IN THE HOUSE! I've been staying in the room, it's just as good as staying in the student halls. Damn! So anti social man. But no la, seriously, after all works are done, I'll make sure I'm seen in the house skipping about being hyper and irritating everyone else :D hehehe....For now, it's just me, the scented candle,tea/coffee, music and loads of work. and the routine circulates around this - wake up-do work-more work-even more work-brain dead-buka puasa-work-sleep. *sigh* I'm tired...Sleep deprived...But it's ok. I CAN DO THIS!

Last night, Phoebe and I listened to Hairspray musical whilst accompanying each other do work and it turned out I managed to finish up my required readings! Yippee!!! and...Today, Shura woke me up with her presence :) Oh I miss my best friend sooo much, and we spoke for a good one hour before it was time for her to buka. It was good to hear from her. She wants me to go back in December so that we can claim our 'just-the-two-of-us' times, but it's not gonna happen unless mummy and daddy decides to allow me or maybe if Shu agrees to pay for my flight back. hehe...Oh well. Next summer then hun.

Later, we had this tv coverage thing by RTM 1 and TV 3 which I thought went really well! All of us were nicely dressed in our traditional clothes and everyone looked reeeaaally nice. Watch out Malaysia! We will be broadcasted on Malaysian TV soon :) Then Mr Lopes yang cool agreed to
spoil me with Krispy Kreme when he comes to London which will be in another 19 days!! Woot woot! Krispy Kreme addiction is the greatest sickness ever! Thanks Mr Iliyas Jamil aka Lopes :D

To the housemates, thanks for the yummylicious dinner btw! Really appreciate it :) Though Alia masak pedas giler macam nak bunuh I. hahaha...it was still delicious. And Kiran's personal acid-ish desert, unique in it's own way :D I sayang both my housemates!!! At the moment, one's out there in the living room....last I saw her, she was dancing with a mop! hahaha...and Kiran's in her room, on the comp as usual.

I'll go see them in a bit :D Now back to more work....Coursework is killing me! It can be classified as a killer disease if Universities do this too often :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woot woot now I'm in the room and you're outside on MY futon!! :D No lar, of course it's not only mine :P Haih cepatlah habis coursework tu.. so that I can see you more often and we can bersinging & dancing with mop together!! And you won't make me have a second-guessing-disease at explaining what PPP is. Wiki can't be trusted!! I also became confuse to explain.. T_T

Two more days Alia, good luck with the presentation!

And I wish I know how to fix the heater for you hun.. you look like you're in eskimo. We haven't even entered Winter yet! How laaaa?!