Monday 7 January 2008

two thousand and eight

2007 has gone and 2008 has come :)

A great year has gone and it's been a great one no doubt with it's own share of good and bad, laughter and tears :) Oh well, that's what makes it a great one kan?

School starts back for me tomorrow and how I wished it was back to the first day of my term break when I had to rush and submit my coursework during the day and pack up for a flight to Spain that night itself. It was a SPLENDID and AWESOME winter hols ever for me!

It was a lot of travelling, back to back everyday for a good two weeks which made me so exhausted but the happiest kid at the same time! 8 days in Spain, 2 days in Cambridge, 2 days gap in London for Christmas and boxing day before a 5 days holiday in Ireland.

Spain was just superb!! We even rented cars which made it even more exciting. Driving around beautiful Spain was just breathtaking, and I drove without an international license too! *oh dear me*. Even Daddy got a shock, but just laughed it off in the end.hehe... I miss Spain already and the fun times and the beautiful beaches and everything bout Spain! *sob sob*. We visited many places, be it historical or not and one of em was Gibraltar. The UK soil that is in the heart of Spain. Amazingly, it's uber cool coz once you drive pass security to enter Gibraltar, everything was back to the English lifestyle! * Whoa! A minute ago I was in Spain, and I can actually have one foot on Spain soil and the other on UK soil*

We got back at around 3 in the morning on the 9th day, and at 10 the same morning Zril and I had a bus to catch to Cambridge! Was hoping to see Aisyi before leaving for Cambridge but sadly, she wasn't at home. Figured! I mean, alone at home, that's pretty scary since Faezah left for Malaysia, so Aisyi's all alone ( accompanied by her architecture's work la ). Thankful that we actually managed to get up after just a "long" nap to catch that bus. It was a really foggy day in London you can barely see what's ahead of you! FREAKING COLD i swear I wished I was back in sunny Spain! So yeah, in a day, we were in 4 places! Sevilla, Malaga, London and Cambridge....Funnily, I was still able to walk and play about.

The planned surprise was actually waiting at Cambridge, and guess who was there? Aisyah!!! :D Yipppeee!! Cheeky girl wanted to surprise me in Cambridge rupanye. haha...Cambridge was....Motivating! haha...Weirdly I felt so. haha...So, go figure! It's a really nice place. The old buildings and beautiful backgrounds, for a moment it did look like a Castle in Disney Land. All enchanted and magical. Sue Mae brought us around all the colleges, and OMG, just their MAIN library, it's as big as my Uni's MAIN building! Sadly, it was too foggy for us to go punting, but we had a slumber party instead with loads of snacks and food and we watched Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind. Had to watch it twice to understand the beginning part the second time we watched it :) *understand my sentence? hehe..* That night, Zril and I did not last as long as Sue Mae and Aisyi though! Knackered like crazy, so had an early sleep. Met Yi chung for lunch the next day but James arrived a wee bit late.

Arrived back in London and what a pleasent surprise. I had guests waiting at home :) Mizerque from India and Arina came down from Manchester. We had a splendid time at home! Boxing day shopping was nothing compared to Alee's shopping marathon. haha...I just got a pair of shoes from Zara, and just coz it's really nice, I ignored the fact that it was from the Men's section. *grins* So, total I spent on boxing day = 15 pounds! haha... That night everyone gathered at Mudha's and we played cards and went through Spain pictures and had fun.Blissful!
Obviously with me and Alee acknowledging the fact that we have a bus to catch at 4.45 am to get to Stansted for our flight to Ireland! haha...CRAZINESS!

Got home, Alee and I did a spring packing :) Chucked the few clothes we needed for Ireland, and what comes short, we can always get it in Ireland, kan? hehe... Ireland was the place to end the holiday perfectly! Stayed over at Abang's house and the 5 days there was just excellent. Slept in the cosy-gadgety house, played Wii, PS 3, Apple TV, baking with Alee and Kak Azura, went shopping, getting enough sleep and hanging out with em cousins and nieces :) Baby Reana and Fifi are just adorable! Met Fara on our last night and headed back to London just in time to watch the New Year's firework at London Eye.

New year's eve was well spent with Faezah and Aisyah too! :) Then it was the new year countdown. The wild crowd made it difficult to move around and the tight security everywhere. You'll be lucky to not be seperated from your group of friends there. It's difficult once you get lost in the crowd! Got back home pretty late and all our skating plans for the next day were screwed since everyone was catching up on their sleep. The next day, 15 of us went skating together at somerset house and it was BEST :D and the next, we had a movie night and a sleepover at Faezah's, another skating session the next morning with Shasa teaching us how to adopt the skating skills and the rest of the week was just bout staying home, getting visits from Bang Long and Nico and Mira and hunting for motivation through music and books and the sight of Uni outside the window.

Back to Uni, less time outside the house, same routine, same stress....All out to do my best! :D

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww man! You put everything nicely in words now I am all motivated! Wonderful wonderful winter for me too :) With the 18 Gig worth of priceless pictures and videos, sweet memories.

'Alee's shopping marathon' was more like Mizerque's shopping marathon ok? :P At least, I didn't buy how many pairs of shoes again *cough*YOU*cough* bought in a week? Shoes fetish! And I bought gifts for little nieces and nephew too. Me ending up spending more than you is nothing new but still, 4 pairs was it? >.<

All the best for the new term hun. May Allah always bless you! :D Let's get good grades and eat a lot of cookies! Oh forgot, someone's on a dare. Bluek!

fajiL said...

haha! i know bout the dare too! lets see if she can tahan! =P

anyhoo its 2008! someones gonna be 20 soon! gassp! :O

Alia Ishak said...

Yay! Happy post! I'm missing the hols too! Sob sob...but oh well, all good things have to come to an end, no? Both of us start school esok Alee! You can sleep but make sure I wake up for school though. haha...
Glad you're all motivated hun. Good luck with the revision and ace those actuarist' papers!

Eh, I bought three k, ONLY three shoes in ONE week. HAHAHAHA...Well three is still better than five which was supposed to be the initial plan. haha... Eh, Zril bought too! A half-shoe from Morocco! And you are dared too Zrillll! hehe... I'm taking up the challenge :)You shall too!
Gasppp! SSHHHH...Twenty is...weirddd! hahaha... :)

I'm all out for start of term esok.Yay!

Anonymous said...

Haha twenty year olds don't consider themselves 'kids' and don't see Cambridge as some Disney Kingdom! Doink!! Someone's gotta act their age soon!! Theeheehee (Have i scare you enough?)

Actually, someone's behaved well and all grown-up lately. She put on lotion and drank a lot of water daily. WITHOUT being nagged and told.

ps: I hope you're sleeping well under that double duvet i WRAPPED you with. darn these heaters. you look so much like a kebab! or roti john! ok i'm probably too hungry to be saying all this. XP