Monday 2 February 2009

29th January came in 4 days this year. I'm 21, eaten 23 cupcakes and 22 cookies

29/01/2009
The date I turned 21. Well, I know people make a great deal about turning 21, a big bash, a huge party, a gathering dedicated specially to the one who turned 21, but I felt the same a day after the day when-I-used-to-be 20 :) But hey, anything for surprises and cakes and cupcakes and many many presents!

I really wasn't in a I'm-21-tomorrow mood a day before 29th. Stuck in Uni with courseworks due, and a hell lot of reading to do, and to top it all off, it was the day when we were told that we're having an exam for all our modules in 2 weeks. A mid term. Pscchht. Thanks for the great advance birthday present. I really appreciate the thought!

That night I slept at 10.30, silent my phone and crawled under the duvet. Oh the comfort of sleeping. Little did I realize that my dear housemates had planned a surprise for me, and woke me up with the most amazing cake from Selfridges and a fully decorated house with 21,21,21,21,21 everywhere! *smiles*  and so...The next day, it was a day when I self-declared a I'm-21-y'all school holiday! haha! And the day went by just so superbly :) A day off from school, and a full day out planned.
Earlier in the morning, I was bashed with a cake with my very loving Uni mates! Oh the love... Then, parcels and email and personalized birthday songs came by the front door just before I left home, all those Melbourne loves :)  Headed to Oxford Street and went cupcakes hunting at Selfridges! Patiently my lovelies waited whilst I took what seem like the longest time to choose what I wanted. Then, we had a big breakfast at St Christopher's place with such a beautiful view and on the way home, we went for a retail therapy through all those shops. Faezah sure had a mission that did not end successfully! :P Headed back home afterwards, to be showered with more splendid gifts from Sally and Alex and much love in Uni with the rest and to my amusement, my housies brought me out to the best 4 course dinner ever! A place known to be one of the best in the world which....Just to add, they got lost bringing me to my surprise! haha! Such jokers, they make a wonderful company. 

My Friday was just filled with more cupcakes and cakes with Uni mates love. A trip down to hummingbird added to the many many KGs I gained after the clock struck 12 on January 29th! 
Phoebe arrived at night and the weekend then was just spent with my bestie and closest. Shura, Phoebe, and Aisyah :) added with bits and pieces of UKEC love and the longest night with my KTJ-ians. Sunday was the best Salmon brioche breakfast and Krispy Kreme and the ever delicious Strawberry geteau from Pattisserie Valerie!
The most precious personalized gift that came from the Shukor siblings, Shura and Zafir accompanied me through the weekend, and was I not luckily pampered with more great presents and gifts :)

My 4 days of getting to 21 was just amazing! and it's all thanks to my loves all around. The short period of feeling like a princess! I think my Uni felt bad that it did not declare a holiday on my birthday, they decided to repay a day and closed Uni today! Yay! But hey...That's just because of the very rare thick snow in the city of London. Well, anything for an extension in my assignment deadlines! That's what I need :)

Needless to say, my 21st birthday was amazing! 
So, after 4 long days of being pampered, I am now 21 years old and have eaten 23 cupcakes and 22 cookies! Blisfully, diabetic. Oh dear me...

1 comment:

PHOBELINA said...

i love you my princess queen. :) xxx