Sunday 17 October 2010

Let's Do Amazing

When I worked on the deal, I never thought I'd see the site. 
The next thing I know, I was wishing I had not worn my high heels to Cyberjaya or even work to begin with in the morning.  There's so many up and coming developments in Cyberjaya, it just motivated me to see Malaysia's progress *pats Malaysia on the Back*






Last Tuesday, our Prime Minister came to launch 
 the largest facility of its kind and the single biggest investment in the country by a multinational technology company. YES! Malaysia's largest land facility, 63.3 acres across our modern Cyberjaya. 

Datuk Badlisham Ghazali, MDeC CEO; Y.B Fadillah Yusof, Deputy Minister of Science, Technology & Innovation; Randy Mott, Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Hewlett-Packard; YAB Dato’ Seri Najib Razak, Our Prime Minister; Eric Ikeda, Director HP Multimedia Cyberjaya and YB Datuk Maximus Ongkili Johnity, Minister of Science, Technology & Innovation




The Hewlett Packard Global Centre Campus, right here in Malaysia. Now, think GOOGLE :)

The announcement for this facility came about 2 years ago in October 2008, when the plans were still on the drawing board. And now it has materialise! Trust me when I say that Phase 1 was simply gorgeous! It's so modern, with the best technology, you feel like as if the energy around you is pumped up to the maximum. I'm not even kidding! I know I was smiling throughout when my team and I made our way onto both the completed and incomplete sites. 


I remembered the first meeting we had with HP Multimedia's General Manager, Eric Ikeda. He came on stage to present his slides on the details of the campus, and it was nothing less that an iPhone launch. That was how great the launch was! Technical went well, sound system was excellent and with the presence of our Prime Minister and thousands of other guests, the whole event just felt complete. This was my first time going for a launch when the organizers did a bomb sweep prior to the PM's arrival. 

Second phase is on it's way to be completed and finally would be the third phase. I personally believe that having the best technology supporting the Government's initiative is a wonderful collaboration. With just a superb facility like the one launched, instantly 4,000 new job opportunities are created. On top of it, not only that it demonstrates Malaysia's attractiveness and competitiveness as a global ICT hub, but also the fabulous opportunity that a facility like this will bring in terms of knowledge sharing and technology transfer. I am fully in support of our Government's ETP and 12 NKEA.

During the launch, Najib reiterated that MSC Malaysia will soon end its second phase of development and that the results of the project have been "more than satisfactory". So let's hope that everything runs smoothly, deal executed properly and we can live by HP's tagline together!


"LET'S DO AMAZING"

No comments: