Tuesday 15 February 2011

No Place Like Home

Stranded no more! 
I arrived in Malaysia late Monday night, so I had to take emergency leave on Tuesday as I did not plan for a leave after my break.  I only started work on Wednesday and my-oh-my, my jetlag was terrible! I was wide awake at night and I was super duper tired during the day. I was very impressed to see my colleague though, (we left London the exact same time ok) so hyper and on the go at work, when I was just warming up. 

I guess I was walking (or shopping whichever) more than he was whilst we were in London :P

I've never been happier being back at work in KL. To be honest, whilst I was in London, I forgot that I ever missed it. I miss the people, yes, and I made it a point to see as many of the closer ones I'm with who are still in London during my trip. But maybe it's true when they say that "there's no place like home". I'm a tad bit proud too for the fact that I am back serving my own country. I really am. 

People may say so many things about working back at home, but if you don't give it a try, I guess you won't know. What more, when you can do so many things here! You'd be silly enough to just think of work and not make the most out of it, learning from every single thing you are involved in. For myself, from the extreme work, to networking involvement, widening the already-available platform like YCM and being actively involved in the fun loving activities like Broadway and weekly futsal/badminton/bowling, what have you!  :)

That's a lot to keep you busy everyday, every night - I only wished I had more than 24 hours a day! Hence why, I never really understood how people try to convince me that their life is boring and there's no fun back here in Malaysia and you don't learn as much. Seriously? You've only got yourself to blame if that is the case. and it takes a lot to make me believe it.

Last week was a little heavy for me, what with the jetlag and a working weekend! But amazingly, come Sunday night, I did not even realize that the (working) weekend has come and gone. I was (funnily) filled with so much happiness. Not really knowing why to be honest, but a gush of thankful and happy feeling were there in me throughout. I guess it's...
  • when I had a working weekend but I'm filled with so much glee at the end of it. Amazing company throughout the working weekend.
  • when I was summoned to be on standby yesterday, because the deadline is in 5 minutes, and approval was still pending. I wasn't even allowed to the restroom! haha! But it got approved A MINUTE before. Imagine the satisfaction! Well, I was ecstatic. 
  • when there's a million and one things to do but it falls into place one by one, because you have awesome teammates who looks out and cover for you when there's one too many on your plate.
My Broadway Loves

My Work/Futsal/Race/Badminton Loves

My YCM Loves

I'm full of optimism sometimes, it worries me. But whilst I'm at it, I'm very thankful and I'm definitely enjoying how even the simplest things in life can make me very happy! Take me for a walk in the city to see buildings and lights. You'd be amazed how much happiness that would give me! Or perhaps, throw me into a musical. You'

No comments: