Tuesday 23 August 2011

180 degrees

Note: This was written on Sunday but I don't know why I forgot to click publish. I suddenly saw it in my draft and in need of some happy vibes. So I re-read this and publishing it now.

A weekend I was looking forward to, seemed like a bummer at start. Simply because my schedules didn't look too friendly for a change in plans. I wished I had more than 24 hours a day.

Turned out, it was a 180 degrees change.

I had the most fun designing and drawing the most peculiar arrangements for new dresses first thing int he morning! I never thought! As it is, mine was just me being all random, designing dresses, putting a train at the skirt, drawing additional flowers and beads to make up the border, fancy sleeves and very extravagant flows for the skirt. Accompanied by Center Stage music playing in the background and mum and dad by my side giving me their inputs, it was very very fun. Well, mum's was useful all the time, where as dad's? He was more of "Eh! Look, this dress looks funny but in a beautiful way" or "Wow, girl's dresses these days, patutlah mahal! So busy! (Read: Busy means too cluttered). Kitorang dulu dulu simple je". Too cute, and true too. Typical parents.

Afterwards, whilst mum and dad went grocery shopping, I went on to catch up with my CIMB TCB loves, seniors and juniors! I know we work in the same firm, but my god, it's been such a long time since we last caught up and it felt really good to see everyone doing well where they are. As far as I can remember, the only time we spent loads of times together was during classroom training! It's always a motivation when I see happy colleagues :)


Then we did the best happiest thing I could ever think of. Go crazy at a DVD store and stocked up on Musical shows! Hoamigod, I was so crazy in the shop, I felt like getting everything! Just picking out what to buy was a very happy thing to do! I saw Grease, Wizard of Oz, Step up, Swan Lake, Ice
Princess, Jekyll & Hyde, Hairspray, Rent, Dreamgirls.....ahh! I wanted everything la ok, nasib baik banyak bersabar bulan puasa ni.

That didn't stop there, coz I came home to watch some of them and afterwards got so very very very motivated and happy, dancing and singing along like there's no day but today (that's a title to one of the songs in Rent), I forgot my day started out on a low. Magical musical much? :):) Never underestimate the power of dance and music combined really! To add to that happiness, we had a big family buka, with all my cousins and aunts and uncles and it was just happy times. Food, terawih, football, movies and lil nephew! :))

It's normal now that when I get too happy during the day, I'll be very exhausted when night time comes. Good thing it's a weekend, but that was before I remembered that Fazril, Aimee and I had a sahur date at McDonalds, just like we did last year. 4.30 am and we were up, out and about till 9 plus! My goodness, we've not caught up since forever! and in that 4 hours, we spilled everything that we had! It felt so good, and suddenly I remembered our London times when we used to do similar random things like this. It made me realized that I needed that chilled, relaxed, silly times, being our crazy selves over happy meal with familiar faces. Coz I forgot how fun it could be! :)

Too much happiness and lack of sleep. Of course I came home and crashed! I fell asleep and even lost track of time baybeh! I thought it was time for work when I woke up, but no, it was time for happy dinner with my no 1 favourites, mama, daddy and abang to celebrate daddy's birthday :)) Japanese FTW!

Not enough with that...I was supposed to have supper with my Dreamgirls. But guess what? SURPRISE! We went to watch Glee 3D instead!! I was singing throughout!

There's something about musical, music and dance combined, favourites and super duper random plans that can make me so so so so very happy! So happy that I feel motivated. Yeah, when I'm happy, it releases this adrenaline that can motivate me. Weird I know, but hey, I love the feeling! :)

So that's, Rent, Legally Blonde, Center Stage, Hairspray, Ice Princess the musical that I've watched over one weekend. *faints* I have never ever done a 5-musical-movies marathon in 2 days ever!

*beams*...if I can go into my system now, I think the happiness level is ticking right at its peak! I just love busy weekends! For now, I shall sleep with a smile knowing that 'hey, it turned out to be another happy weekend' and countdown till lil miss best friend comes home!

Mama : "Haa, shura balik soon kan? When she does, I'll just see you a month after la".

Classic. When shura's home, people usually don't see me often! If you need to look for me, call Zamir :P Shura and I tend to not hear our phones!

Creating happiness without much effort is a skill and I'm very thankful for that! :))

1 comment:

Fiza-K said...

I see Juh An and Shaw Pei!!! HAHA. They're both with me now :)