Sunday 14 August 2011

Center Stage

...the middle part of the stage (duh). Left stage is casts' left, but audience's right and vice versa. Then there's the apron and upstage downstage. Oh I miss my Director shouting it to us during Dreamgirls.

Yes, I love anything musical and anything dance related. But eversince Dreamgirls ended, the inclination and passion have grown even stronger than before :)

It's unfortunate that I have no leave left, using every single day I had for Dreamgirls. Hence why I have come to terms with the fact that I won't be able to go for anymore audition if it would require for me to rehearse intensively every single day. However, Allah is great and fair. I have just agreed to join another in December, but this one only requires for cast to rehearse on weekends. That works with my work schedule :)

Center Stage. My new addiction right now. For now, can I just dream to be a cast for Center Stage if there ever was? It's a film about 12 young dancers who gained admission into the School of American Ballet in New York. They come from various different backgrounds and it focuses on the issues, struggles and difficulties in the world of professional dance. Films like this pumps up my adrenaline to dream the impossible and also motivate the hell out of me, really! There's so much you can express through dance and music. Just get into it and you'll understand what I mean.

Last time I ballerina-ed my way on stage was for a New Year's Eve show at KLCC, and we did Swan Lake. It was amazing, from the costumes to the dance itself, all the way to the energy in the crowd and having the whole of KL City brightly lit as our background. *melts*


I'm in love! Seriously, just look at the choreography! Just so beautiful, I can cry. I wished I could perform like her :)

I used to joke with my girlfriends that I wanna marry guys who can sing and dance coz I think they're just so hot, and so that everyday when I wake up, he can sing to me before I go to work, I can start waltzing and singing together with him and that should be enough to give me the greatest happiness and be on cloud nine! :) 

No comments: