Friday 7 October 2011

15 going on 16

That’s the average number of hours that I see my colleagues throughout this week and to be honest, I cannot be any more thankful than I am. There’s something about being around my colleagues that can cheer me up instantly, I don’t know what.

I figured that maybe because they’re not the typical ‘If I am your colleague, then let it be just that way. Address me accordingly. And no silly behaviours at work’, NO. In fact, it’s far from that. I can be very quiet when I’m stressed and they will know what’s up. I can be very hyper when I am happy and usually it’s because they did something to make me happy.

We work together, we debate with each other. We fight with each other and we spend work life balance sports-style together – rotating between futsal, badminton, tennis or bowling at night. They’ve become my very own family-at-work unit that fills up my comfort zone.

This week, work was just beyond crazy and to top that off, training for the upcoming Malaysian Investment Banking Associaton (MIBA) game every night was just as… *sweats dripping like waterfall* My boss even commented that I look worse than Po (the Panda from Kung Fu Panda)! So, what they conveniently left on my work table instantly lifted up my mood. Such pretty surprises on my table!!
  

Hello new football boots and new pink-coloured trainers (in their effort to make me more girly and less of a tomboy). I'm in love with you two! Thank you for the new gift CIMB!

...and this has become our second home too everyday after work!

There’s something about sporty stuff too that hits this happy button in my system. When I was younger I used to either wear snickers with baju kurung for raya (or any costume for that matter) or I keep telling my parents and abang that my hantaran when I get married next time will be a lot of sport shoes from Nike! LOL! Ish…memalukan betul. My dad used to joke and said “You were supposed to be a son. Can’t be helped anymore”…and I used to be proud when he says that! Oh dear me. Oh well….

Good luck to all Investment Banks participating in the tournament this weekend! Not forgetting the friendly soccer game too! Can’t wait to watch Mr CEO and Mr CFO show off their football skill :)

Good luck team, let's do this CIMB Investment!

2 comments:

farhana said...

cant wait to see ur hantaran! muahahahaha.. so funny lah u.

Alia Ishak said...

hahaha! Alamak, pressure pulak! Disclaimer: Itu fantasi masa muda sahaja! ;)