Saturday 21 January 2012

Classic

It has been a beautiful family weekend.
A complete combination of Mama, daddy, abang, both abang and my other half, super hyper cousins and loads of love in the air alright! :)


So, my cousin just got hitched by the love of her life. One of the most cheerful and happy other half in the family, almost like the male version of me, minus the extra hyperness and loudness with never a worry in his life. So much so that this trait of his got the better of him on solemnization night itself.

The part where  everyone usually pays the most attention is always when the father of the bride is in the 'process of handing over the daughter to her husband-to-be'. This was exactly how it went:

Uncle: Aku nikahkan kau dengan (bride's name) dengan mas kahwinnya (inserts amount) ringgit tunaiiiiiii.....

Usually, the groom will need to continue straight on after father-in-law-to-be or his representative ends his statement with "Aku terima nikah (bride's name) dengan mas kahwin (inserts amount) ringgit tunaiiiii"

But instead,

Groom: *inserts cool but not-too-sure-what-to-do face here*... "Erm, saya setuju"

He surely got the whole hall laughing their heads off!! Our theory was, perhaps he was studying abroad too long. So he technically did a Malay version of "I do". What a night. Definitely a night to remember forever! Whatever it is, they looked happily stunning on the big day! :)

Congratulations Aishah and Ashraf!!
Now that Aishah's and Ashraf's is done, abang's and suhana's will be next! And coincidentally, their theme colours are the same for both nikah and reception. We just saved some of the family members' money now that everyone wouldn't need to make new baju.
Unless of course like in the picture, Aiman and Suhana were never in the correct theme. For both occasion. Aiyoyooo. *smacks forehead*
 My number one love, my supporter and my future wedding planner!! Or so I keep telling them.
This is an honest bribery, just because they keep telling me that they're getting older already and by the time my turn comes, they won't be doing as much or be as hyperactive as they are right now planning abang's wedding. All the time. Such is the disadvantage when you're not the first child. Hmmph. Competition act should be imposed in family units to ensure fairness really, instead of just imposing it on Financial institutions :P
Quite clearly, all the cousins can never NOT be too hyper! Ashraf certainly fits in well. I sometimes pity my cousins' and my other half.

His turn is next, InsyaAllah :)
 

No comments: