Wednesday 1 February 2012

Valley of the Seekers

It was over breakfast that we stumbled upon this topic - Vivy, Ajjie and I. So Ajjie and I were teasing Vivy, "Vy, nak kahwin ni cuba you recite the Asma-ul-Husna for us" (whilst we chomp our food to our hearts' content, not really paying attention to her) :) Haha!
Remember those days in primary school when we used to go to sekolah kebangsaan half of the day and sekolah agama the next half of the day? As children, we were taught to memorize and cherish the Beautiful Names of Allah. I'm sure if you ask any one muslim to recite the Asma-ul-Husna, every one can do it. But to share, know and appreciate the meaning truly, maybe not everyone.

This weekend, we'll be attending "Valley of the Seekers: Living with the Beautiful Names of Allah", a 2-weekend seminar where we will learn about our Creator, and savour the sweetness of connecting to Him, the Most High! I was already super excited when we registered for it, and to find out that it is SOLD OUT made me jump with even more joy!! :) They've conducted it in the UK and also the US and we heard so many good reviews about it 
too!
I love attending courses and sessions like these because it always always keeps me grounded and in check. I'm far from perfect, but InsyaAllah, through guidance like this, it'll make it easier for me to strive an be a better Muslim :)
To make it better, I'm going with my closest ones! It's not gonna be a happy fun weekend, but definitely a fulfilling one too :)

2 comments:

Ina said...

Assalamualaikum Alia,
Know what, you are sooooooooooo lucky to have friends like Vivy and Toots ! Always remind each other to get into Jannah :)
May Allah bless your friendship :)

Happy weekends !

Alia Ishak said...

Alhamdulillah, I'm so blessed indeed kan :) Thanks dear! InsyaAllah we'll have each other's back through constant reminders :)

Have a good long weekend!