Friday 15 February 2013

CNY Special - Day 173

The one part I'm gonna miss terribly when I go back home is my classmates. My group of friends in school. Study buddies, gym buddies, lunch/ dinner (in school) buddies, weekend-sometimes buddies...they're like family already to me!

Chinese New Year this year felt a multiple times more special because I'm the ONLY malay amongst my #AwesomeClassmates and they are a bunch of funsies who wanted a great one, being away from home! Let's not start about them or I will not be able to stop. Just take it from me, they're the most awesome classmates ever, hands down! :)

So we decided on potluck and 'hot pot night' (also called steamboat night) to welcome the chinese new year this year and everyone were so sporting to volunteer and make/bring something. Up till the day itself I wasn't sure what I wanted to make and come closer to dinner time, I just HAD to volunteer to bake a cake!! So clever I tell you. I had tonnes of work to do, an exam to study for and still...I had the cheek to want to bake a cake.

Albeit the impatientness of waiting for the cake to rise and the fact that I made myself promise to finish up my reading for International Finance exam before I allow myself to go out, baking the cake was super happy! Decorating it was even much more fun!
 
TADA!!!
After the food was the best part. The countdown!!

So I thought we were just gonna stay in, eat, talk, laugh, eat somemore, talk somemore, play games and then go home. NO. Countdown to them means, count. down. We actually had Hyde Park in our itinerary which I did not know of! Not only that. 
THIS!

It was a good new year countdown indeed :)
I know it's a bit late, but hey, better late than never! 

Happy Chinese New year everyone!

No comments: