Monday 13 May 2013

A girl's dream - Step 3

The Interview
I must say, it was both exciting and scary at the same time. I've always always wanted to try and experience what it's like to have colleagues from the big boys on Wall Street. A girl can dream :)

During the interview, it was all a mixed feeling. Scary, exciting, informative, challenging and nice all at the same time! But one thing that made me fall in love with the team, was how welcoming (eventhough I was not yet done with the interview) all of them were. I had the opportunity to be interviewed by the MD and head of department and I could be myself, all honest on what I know and what I have never had experience in. In return, they filled me up on where they came from, what they do and how the team runs on top of the very scary hours they have to work with most of the time.

It was only after that, that I realize that I am very very junior to be working with these very experienced amazing people, but I wanted to do it. Right there in the interview room, I know I was gonna have challenging times ahead of me if I were to be accepted, but to be working in London was an opportunity that won't come knocking all the time.

It was 90 minutes long. But I left only to be told to come back the next week and sort out my paper work with them! Alhamdulillah, He is great! :)

No comments: