Thursday 4 July 2013

For the love of technology Day 314

Ok, which keyboard to use now? Where is the mouse for the other screen?

First week back into the working life, I am still figuring out how to handle fascinated by the Bloomberg and PC screens, 2 keyboards and a phone that vomits out updates from different countries on my table. Looking up to a gazillion same-type clocks that showed different times in different countries and having all traders talk at the same time about the market (with Bloomberg channel playing in the background too). How do those traders do it?! *cries*

Last Sunday, I was so apprehensive about starting work. So what’s new? Just a little anxious, excited and mostly nervous. Hang on, did I mention really quiet too the entire weekend? Yeah ok, again what’s new? Lol! 

I was going to do something different from what I was doing before, I knew that. I guess my system was not fully ready yet. Previously, doing Treasury from the structured product desk was like watching the show happen from afar. I used to be in awe when I watch those traders trade and switch their eyes from one screen to another oh so very quickly.

Just when I managed to calm myself down about the whole situation, I walked into the already-buzzing office before 7am to find out that I was the last to come in. What pressure? *flips hair*

I must say though that everything is just so efficient in the office, and I am still very much impressed by the traders. By far the first new environment that is so very filled with energy and buzz-iness and super welcoming right on the first day - in the wee hours!  If you think I am full of energy, wait till you see my awesome colleagues. They’re Energizer! I'm in love :):):)

No comments: