Sunday 20 October 2013

Last week

Sometimes, you really don't need anything else. Life is swell when you love all that you already have.
What do you want in life? I've been asked. I really think I have everything I need to feel blessed and thankful and not in a complacent kinda way. 

...and just when I think I have a happy life to get through everyday, I'm being given one of the happiest weeks I have ever had my entire working life last week :)

One that would always put a smile on my face - one that was chaotic and amazing all at the same time. We had 2 IPOs and an exchangeable bond at work and every little rush is a learning process. I learned new things, I went through new challenges, I met new clients and my bosses made my week, bless them! Our Group CEO came by the London office with a corporate team, now that was a big bonus :)

I work in an office that is never short of acknowledgements nor is it short of direct comments if you don't do things right. I believe it's only the fastest way to learn anything at all in this kind of environment and I truly truly love it. We're a close knit team, have our own work space and time and at the same time we pick on each other at every free time when market calms down. Le sigh, I love every one of my team members!! Cinta! :)

Coming from a zero-equity background, I've come to love the nature of the securities world where you are exposed to a lot of live market information and having to predict how the market would move tomorrow or a day/month/year/years from now. Of course it comes with a lot of private and confidential information as well in which you've got to have really good honest work ethics in order to make the whole system function perfectly. I've no complain on that, really. 

Now and again, I'm always counting my blessings for such great working opportunities I've had since I left Uni 4 years ago. Have you ever felt that people who are happy for you and would make you feel good about yourself tends to be people who have it all? As opposed to probably one who are still working their way up, or one who wishes to to have it all.

I love my team. I love my colleagues. I love my work. *sigh* Alhamdulillah. 

No comments: