Wednesday 20 November 2013

startup rush

My bosses wear sport shoes to work and they come in to work before the sun is even up. I wear jeans to work every other day because it keeps me warm and allows me to work comfortably. We're no start up, but our culture surely reminds me of one - the casual attitude in the office in some aspects in order to achieve one goal. Efficiency.

We're a small team of 10 sales and salestrader combined that make up this entire susidiary, our office is literally just a floor and we almost work like a start up being this small. Especially so with the potential to grow even bigger in the future. Hence my mountain-high respect for my colleagues' ability to manage the growing-deal numbers.

This week is a lot of rolling up our sleeves, seal the boxes, shifting big boxes from the office to the hotel, running around between hotel and office to settle trades, rushing between office and the airport to get on a flight for mini conferences out of London and getting the coffee for guests in the office.

We may not see a lot of each other during hectic times, but you definitely feel them close as we keep the group chat on Bloomberg running, checking up on each other (thank god for Bloomberg Anywhere!!). Some have come down with the fever and flu but powering through alright! I look at them and I just feel so very thankful to be a part of them :')

Living out of a Sofina the next few days - in between meetings, office and hotel.
Our CEOs, Analysts, Corporates have all started flying in and we had a really good booster meeting from the CEO first thing this morning. Welcoming event starts today and then the big kick start for our flagship event tomorrow!!

No comments: