Monday 5 May 2014

Familiarity

It feels familiar, from the smell of the air to the routes I walk through and even the temperature of the air. It felt...a little like home.

Yup, I'm now back in London - a place I used to call home some 4 months ago. My first ever break from everything since the start of 2014.

At 3.5 months, I'm pretty ok getting through one of the tougher decisions I had to make last year and that was to drop all comforts I had here in London to head back home. However, till today I still have the question on and off the top my head about why DID I head back? There are just a lot of familiarity here. Everything felt like home, and I used to feel that I must be so very lucky for Allah to give such great added happiness in this one girl who was already always happy, Alhamdulillah.

Previously, I struggled with the idea of going home and adapting, but I have to say as much as I love London, there is nothing I dislike about being back home now. I go home to my ultimate greatest love every single day - my family, I have my ever loving (sometimes sooooo annoying I want to pop his face also) fiancee, an amazing job and awesome colleagues who teaches me new things everyday, great bosses who look out for me, a hardworking team supporting me whilst I run YCM and most importantly being given the luxury to go to sleep feeling happy, like I used to in London before.

He is that Great and Generous, MasyaAllah.

I don't deny that probably lifestyle used to be simpler to handle here in London, but it's not not manageable back home. Life is just....busier back at home if that makes sense. In a very very good fruitful way, Alhamdulilah. Challenges only allow one to grow eh? :)

For now, I'm back here in London with the entire family plus Aiman.

Aiman: Hooomaigoddd *rubs hands*, the weather is so nice here!
Me: Kannnnn?!
Aiman: Soooo nice to walk here
Me: Kannnnn?! We're so walking everywhere!
Aiman: I now understand why you never wanted to go back
Me: -____________-'' Thanks
Aiman: Do you want our kids to go to high school here in the future?
Me: Kids? Why don't we just shift here altogether
Aiman: -____________________________________________-"

He's worried that I won't make it on our flight back.

No comments: