Monday 16 June 2014

Is it normal?

The closer I get to the wedding day, the more I feel the need to achieve even more before I get married. Achieve in my definition does not mean money or position. I'm not too sure what is it that the system is chasing, but there is this drive to gain as much experience as I could, get through professional qualifications as soon as possible (although some allow you up to 6 years to complete it) and just have as much busy-time as I could. Truthfully, the thought of wedding itself is not in my head...yet! (Don't worry, I do think about it, just not all the time. In case Aiman reads this!) :D

To be fair, I'm not sure what marriage life is like or what and how things would change thereafter, but just in case drive, motivation and priorities change post marriage who knows. I was brought up in a family where my parents were workaholics when I was younger, and they're really good at what they do. So naturally, I grew up wanting to achieve just as much as them. Thankfully, I also grew up loving my job, so that makes it so much easier :)

There are times when I think about the future and wonder whether I would be able to provide like how mum and dad did for both abang and I. I used to have mama planning our family holidays every year, arranging my daily schedule for sports and extra curricular and papa who wakes me up every morning for school and he who would make sure warm water was running in the shower before laying down my uniform on the bed for when I get out of the shower. Lucky girl I am, Alhamdulillah :)

I just hope that one day, God willing I would be able to give my own family the greatest love I could and provide them with the best things life has got to offer! One thing I've already found at the moment is a very understanding future-husband who surely wants the same for our future, so we're set to experience everything together as a team InsyaAllah :)
Post Invest Malaysia KL 2014 :)

No comments: