Friday 22 August 2014

Malaysia Airlines First

As I'm writing this, I'm finishing up work before the weekend comes. And to be exact, doing work related to Malaysia Airlines. So much has taken place in the past 6 months for this beloved national carrier of ours and it shatters my heart everytime I come across any sort of news/statement about the incidents that have taken place.  

In the past, there was no other airline that I looked for for the years that lived abroad - it has always been Malaysia Airlines first. And because of that, I can safely say that I am very proud of them. It's clear that MAS is not in the best state at the moment, but it saddens me that instead of finding solutions to help them people come out to attack it. People come out to say that it used to be better before when it was run by someone else. People come up with theories on why it is MAS. People stopped flying MAS because to them all these mishaps only happen to MAS. People come out to BLAME, and these are people who MAS have probably flown them all around the world before. 

Blaming do not solve anything. Measured thoughts and actions do.  I woke up a couple of days ago and thought "why is it that there are people who continue to take money from something that's bleeding financially? Why is it hard to find genuine people with big hearts these days?" I do not have an answer for that. In the business world, it's that harsh sometimes. It is clear that running like how it is today is not an option for the future and MAS was probably just at the wrong place at the wrong time. But MAS is ours to be proud of and stand with through good and bad times. 

Today was the day some of the remains from MH17 were flown back - 20 to be exact. My heart shattered multiple times and I cried buckets just thinking about the affected family members and friends of those onboard MH17 and MH370, all the innocent lives taken away out there in fact. The minute of silence was observed at 10:54am and the office was gloomy with many dressed in all-black. 

May Allah SWT continue to protect the family and friends of all onboard the MH17 and MH370 flights as well as those who worked night and day finding a closure for this. MasyaAllah only Allah can repay your kindness! To Nizam, I broke down seeing this photo of you today on TV along with Kimi's lil son and wife. Thank you for piloting MAS and flying us across the world. You're one with a really really big heart and Allahyarham Kimi is truly blessed to have a best friend like you. Very very proud of you Captain Nizam! 

I flew out with Malaysia Airlines last weekend, and I am taking the first flight out again tomorrow morning, with Malaysia Airlines. I'll choose you over any other airline MAS. Anytime. 

1 comment:

Joannfoca said...

As an employee, my thought goes out to the families of mh370 and mh17.