Monday 8 September 2014

aliaaiman - Sneak peek into the future

When it comes to timing, I love planning everything by the minute. Why? Because then I know how much time I have left before the next appointment and I can make sure I'm not late to the next one. Most importantly, I can plan nap time (something I've been needing lately). I get very very agitated if I'm still on the way 5 minutes before. Even if I know I can be there 2 minutes before - technically that's on time


So last Saturday I had a jam packed day having to attend an event first half of the day with the Boss, had a 1-pm lunch meeting with a colleague, then bridesmaid-dress meeting afterwards, followed by another event to attend later in the night at the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra. On days like this, I want nothing but a plan that's scheduled by the minute or otherwise I'd forget where I'm needed and at what time. 

Later that night when Aiman arrived to fetch me to go to MPO, he looked so rushed and a little annoyed. He feels that everytime he comes back to KL on weekends (yup, we still go through a not-so-long-distance-relationship), his schedule is jam packed and it just so happened that of all days, he just felt REALLY EXHAUSTED that day. And btw, from where I live, we had to be at KLCC in half an hour (of course we arrived there late. Even missed the first opening act, lol!). So then he decided that "Tomorrow we're going to have a chilled day, no plan plan like we have to be here at this time la, there at that time la....that time...that time...". 

I thought, "Ok, we'll do whatever you want. But you have to tell me what time the plan starts" 

"After Zuhur" (Read: Open timing with no exact time) 

So the next day, I went on with my plans, had a good long family breakfast before I continued to do YCM work and got really into it. At 1pm Aiman called "This is a quick one, the YCM CEO Series this week bla bla bla...can you email me the details. Ok thanks bye". STILL NO INDICATION on the TIME. At 1.30pm I called him to let him know that I've sent over the details for YCM, and whilst at it asked him "where are you?" 

"On the way to your house (and about 5 minutes ish away). Also, change in plans, we're not going to Bangsar, we're going to Subang to collect something from my sister" 

(5 minutes?! Seriously?!)
-_____________________________________- 

I was comfortably in my PJs and had to go rush to shower, get ready and by the time he got to the guard house, I have yet to pray. He called to say "Sayang, the guards said you didn't call them to let me in. How?" 

"What how? You have my access card, masuk je la" 

"That's the something I'm supposed to take from my sister actually, she has it" 

-______________________________________- 

30 seconds later after I've called the security guards, he called  "I'm here outside, let's go!". 

"No, I still have to pray first" 

"WHAT?!" 

What "WHAT?!" ? 

No more random no-time kinda weekend ever again. I can get high blood pressure.

Of course afterwards, he knew how to make up for it. By fattening the both of us up with crazy ice cream marathon! Haagen Dazs, Baskin Robin and Inside Scoop. All in an hour.

I think he forgot we have our own wedding to attend in a few months. Or maybe he thinks it's a cute idea to be chubby couples.

Oh Aiman. 

No comments: