Sunday 29 March 2015

hantu roti

People close to me would know I have so much love for bread. I would walk into a supermarket and take the longest time to pick out the loaf that I want. The most important criteria that would make me buy them is if they are soft, that to me shows that it is fresh from the oven. I would even attempt to kill whoever puts my loaf of bread into the fridge. You know how some put their bread into the fridge so that it lasts longer? 

No. I totally hate that. Because the softness won't be the same anymore after you put them into a microwave later on. Plus, I used to take about 2-3 days to finish a loaf :P So no thank you. I'll finish my loaf well before the expiry thank you.

When I used to live in London, I could find bread EVERYWHERE! And even those loose ones are amazingly delicious I could eat it on its own. They're not just easy for me to grab and delicious, they only costed 0.30 pence. How I miss my London times. 

Anyway, a couple of weeks back, I saw an advertisement in the Star Online (you know one of those popping up ones that annoy you because you just want to get to the news). Bake with Kuali workshop. They were advertising their workshop on Bread baking. 

"Sayang! Look!! *sends the link* "JOM?"

Before I knew it, Aiman had already paid for our spots! Too efficient. 

Initially yesterday, I was tempted to skip the course. Only because I was feeling a little under the weather. But Aiman insisted that the Double A Team do this so that we know ourselves how to make it when Double A opens. Things we do for our little baby Double A. 
It was a collaboration between Kuali and Malaysian Institute of Baking (yup! I didn't know MIB existed until yesterday!) and we were taught the science of baking before we got our hands dirty with some Pumpkin Seed loaf, wholemeal loaf and sandwich loaf. Very privileged to have been taught by Chef Don and assisted by his students at MIB. The one thing that I was very impressed about are his students at MIB. You would think they do just baking as part of their degree, but no, they are expected to also get pass accounts and economics during some semesters. CRAZY! I'd be stress! These graduates at MIB are a full package, throw them out there and they can open up their own cafe :)

Hopefully I'll be baking you guys some bread in the future at Double A, Insya Allah! :)

4 comments:

AA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alia Ishak said...

Hi Amirah,

Do you mind dropping me an email myalia.blog@gmail.com and we'll take it from here? :)

Pinkle Island said...

bestnya!!!!!

NAKKK!

Azrine Aziz said...

Impressed! just love your spirit, dear :)