Monday 1 June 2015

Challenges

Running a F&B business has its fair share of problems challenges that crop up unexpectedly. Even worse if it happens on weekends because that's our busiest time. We were a little short of staff last weekend and Aiman had to make a quick trip back to Johor. So it was just the 5 of us (1 was unwell) having to handle close to 300 customers! Alhamdulillah, everything went smoothly, as planned and as cheerful as we wanted it to be. 

But...Just when we thought we had everything under control, I saw what felt like the worst thing that can ever happen - a whole cake...flat on the floor! Can you imagine the mini heart attack I had! I don't even know how I looked like because the next thing I saw was everyone on 'freeze' mode. They're probably not used to seeing me upset (can you tell I'm the good cop at the cafe? Haha!) because everyone just stood there and looked at me look at the cake. One with a wet cloth, one standing holding a knife on freeze mode which made me put on a happy smile immediately (in case he drops the knife pulak). They quickly cleared the cake away before I could utter another word and said sorry. 

How can you be angry anymoreeeee when they say sorry and really mean it *sighhh meltsss*. 

The day continued to go by happily before my barista came up to me and said (in the most calm tone, he is very very calm like that), "Boss, itu machine bocor (leaking) ada air keluar. Banyak punya air", showed me a video he took and said "itu sudah last part punya, mula mula lagi banyak air punya"......and on the other side of the counter "kak alia, salad nak habis dah tak cukup"..."dengan cheese"..."tisu". 

At that moment I wished I could mute the world. Haha! But really, it's crazy how much I love my team that I don't have the heart to scold them, because they work so very hard every, single, day! When Aiman isn't around every one of them boys waits for me to head home first before heading home themselves.

Bless them for helping me and Aiman make this dream cafe of ours possible. Bless them for teaching me so much every day and bless them for making me so very happy everyday! :)) 

1 comment:

Rebeca Brown said...

How do you have so much energy to do everything? It's like you're always working at your most productive without tiring or stressing! What's your secret