Tuesday 1 September 2015

Double A Cafe KL - Think before you say something

Gosh, I've been feeling sooo tired that I've to battle between my excitement to go to work with my very tired body. Sometimes I wish I could stop the time, just so that I can recharge and then resume back life once I'm energised. Technically, I've been working 7 days a week with a full on standing job on weekends ever since Double A opened. 

But truth be told, there is nothing that I want to change about it. 

Ever since Double A opened, Aiman and I have both been stretched out of our comfort zones with multi tasking skills. I've finally had to read the Labour Law from start till the end to make sure our staff are paid correctly on public holidays, Aiman as CFO had to make sure all our accounts tally with our Point-of-Sales system, I had to learn how a grease trap really work because it decided to overflow...twice, Aiman had to handle a kitchen door that fell because apparently the initial contractor did not use heavy-duty tools for it (how can right?!), as COO I'm constantly looking out for new things to do for Double A and yeah of broken frames, fallen steel and what have you. Again, there is nothing we want to change about it because it have all built us to become stronger and more resilient (but less tolerant to stupid comments like "oh you don't look like the kind who cleans, how come you guys need to clean kitchen so long"). Read: a commercial kitchen is nothing like a home kitchen dude.  

We started Double A because we wanted to bring the good-quality-coffee culture to KL as opposed to the cool-cafe-lifestyle that most people go for. It wasn't easy of course. We have had customers who say that we don't have enough seats at our shop, not using nice colour combination, customer who tells off our Barista because our coffee is a little bit more bitter than his usual sweet one and that it doesn't taste anything like McDonald's coffee (Yeah right, why don't you then go to McDonald's). But moving on, we later introduced food to Double A and subsequently brunch since last 2 weekends. 3 and half months old and this Double A baby of ours has grown up quite a bit and I cannot ask for anything better than what we already have now - the ups and downs, Alhamdulillah. 

If you think being an entrepreneur is all about glam and fame and appearing in magazines and papers, fuuuuuuuhhhhh I then welcome you to give it a try. I once had a customer who said "you're lucky, cause working in a corporate world is wayyy tougher than you serving cakes behind the counter". Can't help but to blurt out, "really? Then you just don't know how to manage your time properly because I'm still alive working in both places" before he realised that "S***, she works in the corporate world too". Haha!

Some people really need to think before you say something.

3 comments:

MyNewJourney said...

that is sooo true. how i wish i have the courage to start my own business too. one day..one day

Shac said...

Chin up butter cup, you are doing a great job!!! May Allah increase your deeds for being patience while entertaining the customers :)

R S said...

MY IDOL.