Monday 15 January 2018

Induction Day

That was the highlight of my week 2. Work was picking up, met so many new people, went for meetings, organizing events, went for health screening too and in between all these I had my FV Induction Day

This was the day we learned about FV's history which isn't something that most people don't know, pitching for our design to the buying team, doing a social media posting and learning the processes at the warehouse. I'm sure many of you knew the story about Vivy wanting to go from one brand's shop to another, KL city was just super jam packed, Fadza was obviously driving, they both got annoyed and that was the light bulb moment!

"Why can't we have all the brands in one place and skip all the traffic hassle?"

I remember clearly the day when Vivy told me about going ahead with this idea in November 2010 - She, Asma' and I were in Alexis BSC having lunch and I remembered asking her "Do you wanna hire me?". Haha! :P Of course all those were only jokes at that time. I just started CIMB, she said she could hire me if I did it for free and that was that, we laughed it off. When I visited them at their office, everything was there! That's where they work, they prayed, they had meeting, they stored the stocks, they packed all the orders and where their pantry was - all in that small office that only had 3 staff. Fadza, Vivy and Asma'.

I used to just get them half a cake when I come :PP


Fast forward 7 years, I'm now working at FV and their warehouse is 10 times bigger than that mini store at their first office! I feel so proud! So proud of them, the hardworking founders, proud of how much they've grown the company and super proud of the brand the amazing team they've created. 

Part of my induction was to complete customer's orders at the warehouse and mannnn I have so much respect for my warehouse colleagues. It may look easy, but boy is it not when you've got thousands of orders to pick, scan, pack and deliver. I was only doing one customer's order, but by the end of it I was drenched in sweat. Warehouse is massive! (And of course most customers are like me, you don't buy just one thing, so off we go on a journey in the warehouse). I was so amazed by how systematic the warehouse is, it's built in such a way that it is most efficient when picking out customer's order, and the scanning system would detect if you picked out the wrong item. Not only that, there's also a specific way to pack the items so that customers can use the same packaging for any returns. Yup, I never knew!!
It's so full of surprises for me right now, there's always something new that I learn everyday and it just gets me excited to go to work! #ilovemyjob :)))

No comments: