Sunday 9 September 2007

Two WeEks and CoUnTing!



Kalsom dinner at Kak Shasa's was simply superb. What more with Nintendo Wii staring in front of us first thing when we entered her beautiful mansion :)
and the great company with simple great people. I loved it!
and I like the bowling game with you Faisal...K la, halfway you bagi kat Azri at the end! Next time kan I won't play so ganas k if strike means ganas to you la, I promise! *grins*
At least it was better than boxing with Lopes!


This past week has been quite relaxing and restless? hehe...But it was nice though! Everything moved slowly at it's own pace and time just passes by without you having to worry bout anything! Awesome! :D

SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT has been playing a lot in my head!! Thanks to Doc Ras *grins*

So I'm halfway through "an inconvenient truth", a documentary that I recommend for people to watch. It is good, a MUST SEE I must say. An eye-opener documentary presented by former Vice President Al Gore and his fervent crusade to halt global warming's deadly progress in its tracks by exposing the myths and misconceptions that surround it.. Got it from Dr Raslan, which I am supposed to finish it by Monday!! I seriously need to focus and sit down and finish this up once and for all. Kinda slow coz I am taking down notes as the 'movie' goes along.

Then earlier this week was the Khazanah National Development Seminar at JW Marriott. TRULY SUCCESSFUL! Similar to our MSLS, it wasn't an easy event to organize! As quoted by Dato' Azman, “Even managing billion-dollar deals are not so difficult as this.” It was part of Khazanah's merdeka series events and I truly enjoyed it. Truthfully, it was better than some of the sessions during Khazanah Global Lectures, which is still ongoing till March next year. Sadly I won't be around anymore for the final one which is the Khazanah Megatrend Forums 2007! *sob sob*. The seminar would have been great for future leaders and as Kat brilliantly puts it... "The former consisted of more serious, mostly male big-guns. If they were not CEOs they were politicians, if they were neither they had their heavyset CVs and familiar faces. "



There were exactly 4 discussion panels touching on specific topics which was spread over 3 wide areas of development ; Economics, Human Capital and International. Guess what? Throughout the event I kept getting this from Doc Ras "Hah, see! That's sustainable development! You should have taken it up" (Don't remind me! ) and funnily how Farouk teased Doc Ras afterwards in not being able to work his charm out and influence me to work on sustainable development. Well actually he managed to make me go up to 80:20 YES! Seriously :) Then met Farouk and Danny from Binafikir and Dato' Johan too! Sadly wasn't able to see Jan though, she was busy, but met Erhan though! Truly felt very fortunate and thankful to be able to have attended it! It was a nice exposure. *smiles*
It's been a routine now that I see Michele and her other friends (Yes, Aimran and Michele and
the rest of you guys too!) everytime we attend Khazanah's events. From not knowing the girl who interned for three days at KRIS to seeing her and the rest of the Khazanah scholars all the time now for all events we attend. A great bunch they are! :)
Apart from attending all those brilliantly organized events and doing unofficial research works, I'm trying to finish up these interesting facts-filled book given by Encik Zairin, my superior! and also building the list of things to bring back to London and and... I met Jan and Liza yesterday! and Pairus, Azree, Kak Zimah, Kak Yan, Pn Filza, Farouk, Kavi and Raha the day before. HAPPY! Can I not go back to London? I don't miss it! Oh well...
Oh and and...yesterday, went shopping with Alia (not myself k) !! It's been a long time since we did that...the last was..? LONDON!!! hahaha...Damn long la and that was just coz we were buying souvenirs for people back home, no? Anyhow, I had a splendid time and I managed to influence Alee to buy the everlast shoe!! Jahatnye me!! Oh well, you're the one with Bank Negara *grins* and admit it, you loved the shoes!

I don't know how to put it into words, but...My summer hols doing work and completing my internship has been the best hols ever! I have never ever spent my longest break this way ever! (Doing work, going to office everyday, attending seminars and talks, etc) and seriously it's THANKS TO KHAZANAH! :D I love Khazanah!


Now, it's EXACTLY two weeks before I fly back to London...*SIGH*

At least I got to see abang graduate!! and the convo in UM was nice.
CONGRATS ABANG!!! You've gone so far, and I am proud of you!
















I am so gonna miss everyone in Malaysia once I leave, especially me family! :(

Oh well.....

No comments: