Sunday 13 January 2008

12,787,200

A week of school wasn't so bad :D

...apart from the fact that my modules are clashing. Grrr....I was studying my options and corporate finance was the extra one module which I have ageed to live with for this whole sem. Then came the problem of restricted module choices in my third year if I were to take that... HECK! Why is our education planned up till that point? Why can't we do the modules that interests us? That we want to do! and not what we are wanted to do... Tak fair kan? Oh well, that's the way it goes...You can't beat em, join em. So yes, I have settled for Statistical Modelling which was second in my list of favourites. So yeah...Hopefully I've made the right choice, no regrets, InsyaAllah :)

Not much of class have gone by thus far, more like first week is the time to adapt and Alee and Kiran have been studying for their exams, so it's been great that whenever I come home there's them. Taking care of Alee who was sick lately and cooking them meals to eat! Feels good making and seeing them happy! haha...Just till this weekend. *ooopss*. You two no more manja-ing! haha...Unless you get City Uni to organize more examinations! Next week, coursework loads and projects will be coming in! Time to turn back into the HAPPY NERD :)

Stress but still happy is the best way to get through Uni! *smiles*

This whole week has been a happy one!! Went back to Uni and met the friends. It was good! Alee got me a belated christmas present which is just gorgeous! A green-hard-covered album filled with LOADS of pictures printed in them ...Running through it, beautiful memories indeed! :D and then first UKEC meeting, I got more Famous Amos from Ian! Yum Yum! Then there was the hanging on the phone for the longest time with mum :) It's always very therapeutic though most of the time I get picked on coz she finds it therapeutic to annoy me!! The joy a mummy finds in annoying her daughter... weird but simply FUN! and yesterday, the coursemates and I went for Leicester-Square-Bella Italia lunch outing which was splendidly SUPERB! (Alex, you're a wee bit tall, are you not? hehe...)


...and Shura is back in Melbourne!!! :D So yes, been having our everyday Melbourne-London call. Missed her ever soooo much! Why can't the best friend study here in London too...or perhaps me studying in Melbourne? Today, I made her get out of bed! hahaha...Apparently, just as Shu was bout to head to bed, *TING TONG*! haha...My message to her to come online and she got out of bed! Utterly happpy!!!! and you're such a sweetie Shu! :) The big sister who makes me happppy all the time, understands me and know me oh-so-well! We spoke for quite long and it was just...HAPPPPPPY THOUGHTS and I met Iris too! (Zamir's kitty cat) :D Can't wait for summer now till we both head back to Malaysia. So yeah, I'm motivated to get through second year well! Once that task is fulfilled, I can look forward to see Shu. Yay! An incentive to do well in my second year and make it go by quickly with Shura's company. I'd do anything to have spent time with them three (Shura, Shams and Kim) back in Malaysia last winter!


Happy happy Alia is back on track! Second year would be good with the right combination :)

So yeah, A Stress and Always-Happy Alia who gets a doze of her Melbourne-London Call with SHURA Everyday and the company of her Disney factors = Motivated Alia welcoming the second year Happily but Stressfully too! Oh yeah :D

Once the clock strucks 12 tonight, the number in the title indicates the seconds left before I can see Shu back in Malaysia!! and so the countdown begins till summer falls....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hurm what a pity....corp finance wld have been an interesting subject esp for right brain ppl (like me p'haps) and very applicable in the corp world...then again we cant always get what we want. So i guess u're doing the right thing by taking the statistical modelling and being positive about it! Way to go....