Friday 23 January 2009

Professor Makedon made Money and Banking my favourite lecture

So it started off with

"When the interest rates can do nothing to heal the damage in the economy and continue to allow the recession to go deeper that a CB might look into printing money" and go on with "but with this, comes the after effects. One, you will increase your international debt, and you know why? Because when you print money like nobody's business, your currency's value will skydive. It depreciates, not devalue and I'll explain to you why later."

He continued to say
"So whilst we hoard our wealth, those dollar and euro- rich bastards, oh my, sorry! You guys from America, yes? I did not mean that for you", whilst pointing at Kyra and Josh. "In simple terms, whilst we locals hold on to our money, those foreigners are enjoying their time, taking advantage of the weak sterling spending away at one of those high streets like Selfridges, Harrods, Doicher and Gana". 

"What's Doicher and Gana sir?".

"My oh my! Don't tell me you guys don't shop at those shops! Aaah, see that young lady's glasses, what it says by the side?" and with that, the whole lecture hall turned to look, embarrassing the poor girl from China.

"Ahhh, you meant D& G? It stands for Dolce and Gabana sir"

And everyone just shook their heads and laughed

"Well, I know there's Burberry...and Mulberry. What else is there? That one which sells jewelries that girls like my daughter wish for as a wedding gift. In that Blue box, but I don't think you might know. There's none here in the UK. It's called Stephanie's "

"It's Tiffany and Co by the way Prof"

Stunt...he only managed "Oh! They do have it here? Where have I been living?"

Hahaha! He makes lecture sessions just so amazingly not boring :) 

No comments: