Thursday 22 January 2009

Random Schmandom

I think it's a very...funny word. haha! Only after I wrote that to Vivy only then I realized that it is a funny word.
Anyway, random schmandom did you knows? :-
  • Selfridges has nicer cupcakes than Hummingbird. Well,not all that is.
  • Everything seem to have a cycle. From the most serious scenario of the financial crisis where the vicious circle is already taking hold, in which UK liabilities grow as sterling falls in value to the most random cycles  that randomly pops in my head. I talk to Shura, I think Shura - Ajjrina - Vivy - Shura. haha! 
  • I did not read the Financial Times today because holding the paper straight up always strains my arm, plus I didn't think I have the time today nor do I have any excess floor space to read the FT on. Yes, I read the FT if and only if I have excess floor/table space. Did I mention bout the fact that the newspaper is wide and tall.
  • Phoebe is drinking tea...in my face. and online shopping for Medball!
  • I've been Obama-nized. He's so inspiring. I guess lawyers tend to have the ability to speak well and capture the audience. public speaking. Oh well, something that I never mastered.
  • Ok, I shall get hold of the FT.
  • I love waking up early so that my day will last longer. But, it doesn't necessarily mean that I do have the ability to wake up early everyday. Pfftt.
  • An interesting fact I came across - to find out that the liabilities of those wobbly banks here la in the UK is actually equivalent to double the country's total output and FORTY times the current Government borrowing. Geez...those pounds, they are falling, so, might as well sell the pound and take all your cash out of the UK, their economy is finished.
  • It scares and worries me to see that my batch of graduates made it into the history -  for being the worst batch that will be affected in terms of the employment factor upon graduation.
  • I should go and continue completing my geometry assignment now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"I read the FT if and only if I have excess floor/table space."

that's a strong statement. the iff bit. kinda iffy. haha! reading FT => excess space and excess space => reading FT. reading FT <=> excess space. doesnt sounds that convincing to me. lol

"financial crisis where the vicious circle is already taking hold, in which UK liabilities grow as sterling falls in value to the most random cycles"

have u ever heard of a theory/proposition saying that economic growth is very much due to population and tech growth, which are kind of mild. But credit introduces more swings/volatility? can u do me a favor and ask ur prof? thanks

Unknown said...

http://www.islamic-finance.com/item1_f.htm

check this out. it contains the answer to the credit cycle story. refer to paragraphs 11 and 12. 11 starts with 'A speculative boom' while 12 starts with 'Unfortunately'.

Unknown said...

hahahah the Alia-Shura-Vivy-Ajjrina cycle!!

Alia Ishak said...

Dann : Haha...ok la. Maybe it's IF and not IFF. Very interesting question there, I'll definitely ask.
Btw, LSE I'm pretty sure has lectures yg lagi power!!! hahaha...As it is, I always take books out from YOUR library instead of mine. hehe...
Btw, thanks for the link. I LOVE Islamic banking!!! That should keep me occupied for a bit.

Vivy : Vy! That cycle is surely one that keeps spinning in my head most often =)