Monday 31 August 2009

Dr Melisa

Apprehensive. That's the word.

Lately, many have come up to me telling me that Investment Banking is a good choice and something that is very related to my degree, but they also never stop reminding me that banking is either going to

"Kill me"
"Wear you down"
"Long hours, you'll have no social life"
"Kesian gilerrrrr, my friend's doing it, and she just has no life. Tak jumpe jumpe since she started"
"OMG! If you can get through that one year, memang salute ah"
"I quit and joined *another non-investment bank's name* "

Right. I get the idea. I really do.

I'm ready to work, and I'm ready for pressure. Whether I can take it few months down the line is another chapter. Another chapter that can be edited and reprinted. Why? I can always create motivation for myself. I'm a pro at motivating myself. Hence, for now, YES, THIS IS WHAT I WANT.

I need not look too far. Melisa. She's a living example of what I will be going through starting next month. If you look at her now, she is one confident Medical Doctor. But nothing came easy for her. Mama and Daddy were reminding me of her housemanship.

"She went through torture and lost so much weight"
"She cried nearly everyday"
" She was going through somewhat like a psychiatric problem"
"We had to go over to Ipoh and give her support"
"Her parents were so worried about her"

She made it through and is now, a successful, confident and intelligent Doctor, you'd think that as she created her path to be the Doctor today is all like a bed of roses. Dr Melisa Abdul Aziz.

and with that, when I said "So ok la, you guys are prepared k, if I cry everyday and I say I want to quit everyday and I come back late and I become a workaholic and stressed banker and a psycho at home."

"No problemmmm. We're more than prepared. We'll even fetch you from work if you finish late. You can just leave your car at the office over night"

I just smiled. Such great supporters I have. Even if I become a psycho. Alhamdulillah. I'm ready, bring it on! :) Hello Investment Banking!

2 comments:

Mama said...

You forgot one more thing on the list:

"You get LOADS of money!"

hehe... work hard and earn good. But once you're done you ciao to an international IB als, you get more dosh!

Good Luck darling sister. Enjoy working life!

Alia Ishak said...

You alwayyyyysss have the confidence in me more than I do myself. Since the first day I met you! Remember I had a final economics paper and you were so lepak bout me sleeping late and jamming and staying up with you, Juai, Aizat and Adli :) I misssssss

I'll take your word for it. InsyaAllah I'll get to create a successful path for my future. Amin. Nanti I need to meet up with Ikhwan and Kak Nim for some advice too :) Thank you Yan!!