Wednesday 5 August 2009

Hello Malaysia!

I've been back for bout 2 weeks and from the day I arrived till today, my days have been filled with familiarity and happy things and also scary things. I love it being back home oh I've missed it the past 3 years :)

So, I'm finally an economathemathstistician graduate after all those sweat and tears (haha! no la, I just love how some people uses this phrase ALL the time to express their effort. Why not :) ) the past short-what-seemed-long 3 years in London. I miss London. I really really do.

So the day I step foot at KLIA, passed customs, walked through the thermal check and collected my baggage, I started to cough. H1N1!! Paranoid much? That's what Malaysi
an Media has made us into, but nonetheless something to be taken seriously. I know I know. I wasn't coughing when I boarded the flight from Heathrow, how come now? We were not one to think it's all that serious as I've been labelled as an "anak mat salleh yang allergic to heat". haha! Yes, EVERYTIME I come back from a cold country, I'll be down with a fever in the next 2 to 3 days. Even the doctors working at UM panels are used to me visiting them that I would think soon enough they'd be expecting me to come back with a souvenir for them from those four-season countries :)

Friday morning confirmed all our doubts about the disease when my fever hit close to 40 degrees, I was weak, I couldn't talk, couldn't walk, couldn't eat and I vomitted and had diarrhoea! H1N1 symptoms : CHECKED. ( so much for playing a fool earlier, I've learned my lesson! ). Well 40 is pretty high a temperature so much so that the doctor couldn't do anything that he referred me to the hospital straightaway! To the emergency Accidents & Emergency (A&E). Good thing it wasn't in the ambulance coz then I had time to negotiae with PaMa about not going as I do not want to stay in the hospital. It's a scary place and this sticked in my head for the longest time ever since I experienced many uncalled for events whilst accompanying daddy to the Universiti Hospital when I was younger. All the while, I kept remembering Dr Adli and his funny stories at the A&E and I hope I don't turn out to be one of those funny patients who come in just because I'm paranoid bout swine flu.

I must say, the new Sg Buloh hospital, which happened to be one of the two hospitals in Malaysia to run the H1N1 scan was pretty nice and beautiful. To my Dr cousins in Ireland, just a note to abang and Kak Azura, your work place is not all that bad :) It's a very patient friendly hospital and it's beautiful. To serving Petronas and your bond your whole life at that hospital soon! Anyway, I turned out to be in the age group that could fight against H1N1 that the doctor left me with normal medication to fight the fever and symptoms and Alhamdulillah, I got better in time for a round of futsal on Sunday night :P I know I shouldn't be running around and
daddy already warned me not to chase after the ball and just sit at the side and watch. haha! Tough luck Dad :):) But seriously, I think futsal cures all sickness. It's such a happy game, and at the same time it makes you sweat much. Just what you need when you're sick!

Then, the much needed catch up with kakakku whom I haven't seen since May when she and Aizat came over for a break in London. This happened to be one of the many happy nights that it always turn out to be with the Amdans and Nadzams all the time. Games night! But before we had that, a funny moment where abang and I automatically became "Aizat's siblings" for the purpose of shooting a recording! haha!
We started calling aunty, Ummi and Uncle as Ayah. It was a good "family" dinner indeed.
Came back and we played 3 board games! Likewise which Amar has been making me jealous of eversince easter, Cluedo which abang and I had never played before ( but I won! haha! ) and Cranium where it was boys vs girls and of course with me in the team we ended up losing. Pffft. Poor Cuki had to work the next day though.

Then it was a lot of catching up with friends and family throughout the week and we managed to catch a round of Musical at KLPAC with the whole KTJ group. Oh how I've missed them much. Then, Azz's and Amir's wedding during that weekend. Such a beautiful wedding, grand of course and ,simply gorgeous. Everything about it, from the bride and the groom, Azz's and Amir's family, to their clothes to the bridesmaids and even the whole palace of the golden horses! Finally, they've tied the knot after 7 years of dating and sticking by each other :):)

Seeing that Azz has 2 other sisters and a little brother, I managed to meet up with so many of our common friends and spent my last hour catching up with Vy and Ajjie, the two best friends I'm so jealous of because they no longer have to go through the long distance unlike me and Shura. Vivy, Ajjie and I had wished for Shura to be back and at the wedding too that night. Yes, we remembered you Shu, don't worry :) The next day was Amir's side, and again it was an amazingly beautiful event. Went with Sha and Ifham before we actually headed to Starbucks for our starbucks-fix and then headed home to lepak with Abang, mama and daddy and then for a mamak visit, ShaFham, me, Abang and Lomon out to meet Fiena and Amal. Another very happy and amazing couple.

Part of the scary times were the banking process I had to go through during these 2 weeks, which I hated! It's the holidays for god's sake, so please let me have my sleep that I've been deprived of since 3 years ago. Thanks. hehe... But it wasn't all that bad, but then again I'm still not done with all the levels! Gah! Cepatla habissssss....hish.

Well, there was simply nothing much after that apart from movie days, waking up late, studying for my banking test until last night's photo shoot at Amal's studio and a round of futsal. Well, I was in a stress state whilst studying for my test, but then Sha's and Amar's call for a round of futsal changed it all! haha! Psycho I know. But I think I might have injured Anas and Lomon along the way :P I think I should play futsal before a test. Maybe then my confidence level will shoot up sky high. And oh! EwaEski brought shoshoff btw, and isn't he such an adorable lil boy, indeed :) For now, my head's back to all the stress and studying for my banking test! Oh god, please help me go through this quickly, InsyaAllah.

No comments: