Thursday 3 September 2009

a NEW post-it note to myself

NEW
Phase of life
Goals
Targets and Vision
Strategy
Motivation
Dreams

So, it's a month away before I start working officially and today, I sat down and thought things through. Many things. A clean Company's book, smartly labeled Alia Ishak came into play. and by the end of today, the empty book was filled with many thoughts and newly created dreams.

- What I want to gain by the end of my training. What I want to gain in this new phase of life
- What I want to achieve by the time I am 23.
- What I want to have already gotten by the time I'm 24, InsyaAllah with a Masters degree in Financial Mathematics in hand, following my current decision to pursue my Masters at a spot I have already gained in King's College London 2011. Along the way, fulfilling Mama's dreams, InsyaAllah
- Disappoint as least as possible and gaining as much as possible.
- What I want to work towards in the next 4 years
- What I want to be able to earn on my own by the time I'm 25. To be able to support myself and be able to survive even if I was thrown out there into the sea
- What I want to look into pursuing past 25.

Age is on my side and I believe looking at just 4 years ahead of me for now is pretty sufficient, as I don't know what is out there. What is laid on the table for me and what are the challenges coming my way. Nonetheless, I'm prepared to throw myself out there. I can only predict and expect. I'm ready to be scratched and scarred.

As always, Human proposes, God disposes. But it's also true that God will help those who help themselves. InsyaAllah I won't give up on myself halfway up my career path. Whether I tick all those boxes I promised myself I'd want to achieve, I'm more than prepared that it might be two boxes less or even added on boxes to be tick. It's a new dream, new motivation. What I've just written and dream of, will act as a benchmark for me.

Ps : I've come to this day. This day that I used to ask myself years ago. "Ape la agaknye will I be when I grow up". and yeah. lately, a lot of people just don't believe I'm starting work! Even kakak kat EPF/KWSP account. haha! Don't I look 21 already? Sheeesh...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For as long as u've set dat goal for urself n work honestly, humbly & tirelessly towards achieving it insyaAllah God will guide u to do d right thing on ur way there. U're an achiever, believe me, n u always strive to perform ur best in whatever u set out to do. so good luk n always rmbr this saying..."be nice to the ppl u meet on ur way up for u will meet the same ppl on ur way down" :)

Anonymous said...

doesn't matter if u look your age or not i guess it's the vibe that u give out that makes them think u're just one of the teenagers still enjoying life to the fullest without having any major commitment. when i was 21 i knew/have achieved less than half of the things u've managed to accomplish. IB may not be the most leisure career u could opt for but i'm pretty sure u're one of the tough cookies that could survive and still come back from work smiling.

oh, i just stumbled upon ur blog as well and praying for a speedy recovery of ur cousin. he's one tough guy, and should be able to get out of it quicker, what with the love and care he's been getting from u guys.

take care Alia, and all the best!

Alia Ishak said...

That's really kind of you guys, thank you very much. Thanks for the advice too. I shall strive and work hard to try my best and achieve, InsyaAllah :)

P/s Anon 2 ; Would I happen to know you? Thanks for your prayers for my cousin. Much appreciated, May God bless you always