Thursday 3 September 2009

I'm anticipating how it's like when I start working

Equation 1 : Recalling what the officer said yesterday "Ye la, you have to be prepared for long hours, working on weekends, balik lambat. Normal la Investment Banking"
Equation 2 : Then recalling what Mummy said today "Bile you dah start kerja nanti, you must come and see Azwan during weekends k? He needs all the familiarity"

Equation 1 doesn't seem to sync with Equation 2. And I was anticipating what it's like when I start work soon -ish.

Well, today, you were a bit passive. You looked tired and were so not in-the-mood. You looked weak too and we thought that maybe because you had such an active day semalam. I came at 8 this morning and you were already showering. Nelly and the nurses showered you early today as Doctors were doing an earlier rounding. When you came out, you looked so sleepy and tired and you told me to "Perlahankan aircond". I just said "ok" eventhough that wasn't possible as the air condition is centralized. So I covered you with 2 blankets instead and got a new change of clothes as you were a bit wet from the shower, takut you demam. Because you were sleepy, it was a little difficult to dress you up as you didn't help us much when we told you to turn here and turn there.

There wasn't much extra that you did today apart from the usual amazing string of events. Excellent seems to be your middle name :) Talking, writing, gesturing. But one thing's for sure, today you were a bit more 'manja' than usual. Probably because you felt weak and you felt the need for a lot of familiarity and family love. Throughout today you kept,

"Alia, nak massage"
"Alia, pull me up please"
Sometimes just "Alia"
"Nak go outside"
Then,
"Alia, can I make an appointment for you?", "Appointment, for what?", "CIMB lah"...
and you wanted me to start work only after you recover. I couldn't answer with just an "ok" as that would be a lie, so I just said "You'll be discharged wayyyy before I start working and I'll come and visit you after work ok?"

Sayang, so kelakar today, Syafiq and Acap came in the afternoon and they were talking bout those times when you guys used to play Guitar Heroes dulu and you pulled my head close to yours and whispered "Nyorok guitar heroes Acap" and "Jangan dengar cakap Acap". HAHAHA!! The things you say sometimes are just too cute. Mummy and I brought you to the gym today and wheeled you outside the hospital building for the first time to the rehab centre for some physiotherapy and you know what you wrote? "Physio selalu seksa I". hehe!!! Imagine if kak Zuraida and Dr Kavitha hears that.
Once when we were already at the rehab centre and you were placed in front of a table, with a paper and a pen, you wrote,

"Ni cam examm ke??"
I replied "No la. Mane ade. I pun main tulis tulis ngan you. Ni exam main main je", as I also write with you on the sam piece of paper
One time, I wrote 'Alia' and you continued beside my writing with a 'cousin Azwan'
"Physio cacat"... I was shocked. I don't know whether you were asking is this a physio exercise for orang cacat, or you just meant to say that physio is cacat and that you hate it. I seldom ask you to repeat what you say twice, as you would get frustrated, so I just manipulate things that look negative to something positive always :) In hope that I would be motivating you to recover quickly

By the way, you have this one particular habit lately. A habit to always push in your hands through my jacket sleeves, because I think your hands are cold. So usually everyday, I will wear a long sleeves, quite-thick-not-too-thin a jacket so that you can keep your hands warm. Sometimes you place your hands in the jacket's pocket.
Well well, this one kelakar. I was feeding you, so I had to take my jacket off, since it was in the way when I want to feed you and Faizal, Acap and Syafiq were just teasing and playing with you from the edge of your bed. Then SUDDENLY, you pat my back and your hand was slipping towards my baju and inside, and immediately I moved away and said "Eh, no no no. Ni girl la, tangan you tak boleh masuk masuk baju", whilst moving my second finger from right to left, like how a mother would tell her 2 year old son no to be naughty and you followed meeeee and did a "no no no" too with the fingers gesture sekali! hahaha!!! Everyone in the ward had a good laugh. Especially Aunty Normah and Mama. kelakar la you ni!
and alll your friends said "Ehhh, sakit sakit, cheeky pulak die. kalau I sakit, nak call Alia gak la'. Hish! Mengade nye all your guy friends ni.

I myself wasn't all that strong today after my shift. I gave a pass to Lene's birthday do tonight and Aizat's charity buka puasa and terawih for anak anak yatim, coz I was so knackered, I fell asleep straight after coming home! Even abang didn't have the heart to wake me up to go out for makan. But he woke me up eentually to ask if I'm ok. hehe....Hopefully you'll feel a lot stronger tomorrow and all ready to go play more esok. Tomorrow's your MRI scan day and you have a date tomorrow :) Farrah is coming to take over the shift tomorrow night after college!! Haaa, you can have your weekend dates with Farrah esok. I'm sure you're excited!! Whoopdeedo. You get some good sleeeep sayang. I'll see you in the morning! Afi and Lin has just taken over my shift now. I lafff you!

No comments: