Wednesday 2 September 2009

Sembahyang Maghrib tu wajib - Maghrib prayers is compulsory

7:08 am : I literally jumped out of bed because I felt weird. Different kind of weird and because I felt like something was different and I slept facing down, hence not knowing whether it was mama or daddy who came into my room at 7:08 to wake me up, I feared that I might get a proper scolding early in the morning.

Good thing it was Daddy, as he is not one who would scolds me for sleeping in jeans and shirt. Well, I had come home feeling very sleepy last night, decided that I'd pray and then head to bed. After prayers, I felt a little light headed, I decided to sit for a bit, before I realize that I had fallen asleep the whole way till morning came. I missed sahur... Sigh.... And to think that I'm the only one in the house who wakes up for sahur, I didn't expect anyone to come barging into my room before Subuh. I woke up at 6.30 to pray, and was just upset with myself. So the next time I jumped out of bed, I was...

In my jeans, and last night's shirt. Contact lenses still in my eyes. If that was Mama, she has instincts and she'd know I had not taken my lenses out and there goes my morning, starting out with a lecture about hygiene and danger of sleeping with my lenses on for the past 24 hours. I then headed to the hospital at 7.45 and confidently (with my swollen eyes due to the lenses incident) I walked towards my car, on the passenger's side. Right. So who's gonna drive me to the hospital again? Oh God, Alia please wake up! Then I started the engine, fitted in the Belkin and iPod, before I realize, "Hey, I brought a different bag yesterday. My driving license is in the other bag". Ughhh.... So much for not having much energy to start the day. Well, I got to the hospital safe though :)

Got into the room, and it was your mandi time! You had a good warm shower today and you even played with water! You showered the longest today, I'm so sure you loved it Zwan since you're a hantu mandi. You even brushed your teeth on your own hari ni yang and you're off the condom and back on the catheter!! A smaller tube this time. hehe... Well done Azuzu! Best part today was when I told you to write your IC number and you wrote all 12 digits CLEARY and CORRECTLY!! Amazing!! just pure intelligence. Everyday you do something new. Pandainye la you ni. Seriously, geram ok. I had another "Grey's Anatomy" moment today and this time, Dr Ailani told Mummy. "Your niece ni dah pandai dah benda medical medical". haha! Now am I qualified to automatically be a Doctor? Nak please. Then Dr Kavitha told me to feed you water whilst she examine your throat and mouth and your swallowing activities because "He seems to listen to his sister". "No, I'm his cousin, not his sister" :):) Once, one of the Doctor told you to raise your leg up Wan, but you didn't. I then tried "Azwannn, raise up your right leg for the Doctors please. Show the Doctor what you can do and make them proud. They're really nice people." Slowly you raised your right leg up high. Haih... I was so happy you obeyed! :)

...before I accidentally dozed off for 5 minutes after you went to sleep. I was then awaken by your "agagaga". I asked "What did you say?". "Agagaga"

"Agagaga" turned out to be "Alia" in the evening and I was so super duper proud beyond ecstatic!!! OMG, you can utter words clearly already, though not always!!!! Sometimes, we cannot decipher, but nonetheless, something we are so very thankful for. Alhamdulillah. It must have been one of the happiest moments whilst I was on my shift caring for you Zwan. Thank you for making my day sayang. You were still cheeky and you just get so funny sometimes! I love spending time with you at the hospital. I really do :)

"Alia, chicken pie", and I explained that you cannot swallow yet and you requested for "Small chicken pie je is better". HAHAHAHA! I guess you meant that even just a small piece will do. You pulled my hands to your stomach signaling a hunger attack. Sorry we buka in your room and made you hungry!

"Alia. Bukakkan socks"
"Alia, go buka" whilst pointing me towards the food and pulling Afi to replace me temporarily
"Afi buka" afterwards, whilst pulling me to replace Afi
"Chocolate cake"...So Mama pinched a small crumb and fed you to your hearts content. You were so satisfied, you stopped asking for food for a while, before,
"Nak kurma", so I bit a really small piece and let you lick my finger just for the taste before you said
"Nak"
"Nak ape?"
"Bukan kurma".

HAHAHAHA! So I bit off some apam, and let you suck a small piece and swallow before you asked me for some water to wash it down

Then you said something that just made me have to think "Alia. Stay over here", whilst pointing to the foldable bed that's in the room for visitors when they stay over night, and I thought, "Ok, I would need to sneak out tonight for I cannot tell him that I'm leaving".

Then I went into the wash room to perform my abulution. As I came out of the washroom, you waved a hello at me and after I got into my 'telekung', you said

"Alia"
"Yes?"
"Sembahyang ape?"
"Maghrib"
"Wajib" whilst nodding
HAHAHA!!! That had to be the cutest Q&A ever!!!! So comel la you ni :)

Well anyway, today was just so amazing!!! :) You're doing so very well! We are all well proud of you. The Doctors are surely going to be very excited to hear about your progress yang. Keep up the amazing work you're doing!!

Ps : Daddy just came into my room and said "Lenses lenses. Go take it off". So till tomorrow! I'm off to take my lenses off and pray and then sleep. I'll see you 1st thing in the morning!! :) I love you Azwan Arif!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear alia.
i am happy for you..hope your cousin will get well sooner..yup, wearing contact lenses the whole night is dangerous..but i'm sure it happened because you are too tired..but, the tiredness pays.. you take care..have a good sleep...tomorrow will be another wonderful day with azwan..=)

fiqss said...

i am officially ur #1 stalker now alia =) i mean ur blog..hehe

johan said...

wheee sounds like he's doing soo well!! can't wait to drop by tomorrow evening! tell zwan to anticipate me =))

Anonymous said...

wow, a lot of improvements in such a short time. Im proud of Zwan too and you deary. Never give up and stay high spirited as usual.

Jgn tido ngn lense!!! (haha as if i dont).. miss u as always kecik

Alia Ishak said...

Anon : Noted. Hehe...I will remember to take my lenses out the next time and not let my eyes suffer :)

Fiqss : haha! You don't need to stalk me here la. You can direct contact, hari hari, message or call me straightaway for updates. Faster than getting updates from here

Johan : I told him hari tu! and I'm so sure he was so happy to see you semalam. Sorry I macam blur when you guys came out. I was seriously mengantuk at that time. I went home for half an hour to shower and freshen up

Sha : Eeehhhh. Siape tido rumah Yan kadang kadang tak bukak lenses? :P hehehe... I miss you toooo Sha. Very much! Skype soon!