Saturday 5 June 2010

Approved

...was the most frequent word that kept flooding my email past one week!

Earlier in May, I submitted my appeal to defer my Masters till I am ready to leave work and definitely have fully completed serving my bond (InsyaAllah) in my current work place, hence pushing it to the next intake. This is my 2nd time deferring.

Last week, I got a "Congratulations Ms Alia Ishak, applicant number: XXXX. Your deferment has successfully been approved by Kings College London and your unconditional offer will be posted to you....", I didn't even finish reading and I could feel myself smiling so widely from one ear to another. The words "Congratulations" + "Unconditional" were more than what I could ask for. Alhamdulillah.

Work has been quite crazy past few weeks, but nonetheless, I'm loving every minute of it! :) To which has led me to apply for leave this month. BLOCK LEAVE. Which means it's 5 days in a row! Even before it was approved, I decided to take a big risk of booking my ticket to Australia to visit lil miss best friend after she graduates. I needed a break too, that's for shizzle!

So there I was, in front of the laptop, filling all details into my booking form, from my inital name, passport number....till finally I submitted that credit card digits. PAYMENT CONFIRMED. CHARGED.

"so ok, what if I cannot get leave?"
"oh well...Higher risk comes with higher returns right?" so I thought, at the same time making myself feel better.

I went on to apply for my Visa and in 2 hours, APPROVED.
Whoa! I didn't know they approved visa THIS fast. the last time I went to visit Shura (and had the best time of my life! Ok la, one of the many I've had), I only got my visa approved 5 freaking-hours before my flight! So much for being a risk lover. I din't tell mum and dad of course, until after I've flown to Aussie, had fun, came home safely and settled back down. Then I told them. Of course la shocked. Knowing the very-super-duper organized parents of mine, they probably would've scolded me if they knew before. *Pats myself* Ok la, nothing to be proud off.

So this time, TICKET CONFIRMED - VISA APPROVED - leave PENDING. *sweats*
That's a lot of money I tell you that I'm risking! As it is, good thing I haven't changed my money. According to Mr FX strategist, AUD is gonna fall further short term. So if you're investing in the DCI (given MYR is the invested currency), then fret not, you'll earn them bucks if you focus on the interest play. it's not a directional play no more!.... Ok, I'm off tangent, but that's good product hint! *grins*

Then, my officemail popped in, and I was crossing my fingers...Leave APPROVED! *jumps up and down* Alhamdulillah! I'm starting to get used to this word APPROVED

Then I decided to tell Shura otherwise. I know she's been stressed up with her final paper on Monday, so I stole some of her time to tell her that my leave was not approved, and crapped up a really sad story, and at the same time attached my flight itinerary into the same email. SEND

5 minutes later, my bbm lighted non stop with "OMG! ALIA! ARE YOU FREAKKKINGGG SERIOUS?!"...... BANG! Yup, shura got a wee bit too excited when she opened the attachment on her blackberry, she walked into a a lamp post.

You're most welcome. I knew she was gonna thank me. true enough, she called me from Asutralia the next minute just to tell me she walked into a tiang! I'm sorry I killed some of your neurons love, but I lapchu :)

To Shura shukor,
I'll be seeing you in 3 Mondays to come, and I hope that my attachments were great good luck charms and motivation on its own. Like the email title stated, pictures worth a thousand words. I didn't mean to make you walk into the tiang. I just love you too much. Good luck for finals! Am rooting for you :)

And so the countdown begins

1 comment:

S said...

hey als,

you are as crazy and a riskbankermathematician (whatever you call that side of the world) can get!! and yes.. u ned not post my VERY embarrassing moment in front of 3 suited guys all smart and preppy, mind you they were probably bankers too.. but yes no neurons gone thank God for that. :) i seriously cant wait for you to come beb!! UGHHH i hope i get leaveee, im so scared now. yesterday i dreamt i was asking for leave you know that!! haha. any the person who helped me get the leave was abg hafiz's brother, ok not the point! BUT I LOVE YOU WITH ALL THAT I AM. thank God for ppl like you.

XOXOXOXOOXOXOOXOXOXOXO