Tuesday 15 June 2010

Monkeys

Sometimes you will tend to 'talk monkey' when you want work done urgently.

At my current rotation, even if there's an earthquake, no one would probably realize it. Yup, even when life is at stake! Everything needs approval in the shortest deadline possible. Everyone breathes down everyone else's neck. So one day, this was what happened. It still doesn't fail to amuse me everytime I remeber this one little incident.

From where I sit, my boss is 2 cubicles away, whilst the products boss sits just opposite me. So much so that sometimes I get confused as to whom do I report to as I do work for both. Well anyway, just the other day, this conversation went on...

"I told them to wait till 12! They've approved already liao! and it's not even 11.30! sdfgh (some hokkien I did not understand)"
"Ok ok, calm down. I will call XX to clarify"
Ring Ring!!!!

"Hello"
"Eh hello. How are you? I just learn that you guys approved it when we said...."
"...12 o clock!!"
"Ya lar. Ask you guys, one person say this, the other person say that. So I approve la, since you guys yourself don't even know what you're talking about. Jumping around like monkeys!"
"OI!! Who you calling monkeys ah? Monkey monkey, if I monkey also, I monkey AFTER 12 LA! Now is 11.30"

........

I was laughing my head off already by then!! She actually agreed to that person calling her Monkey after the deadline. HAHAHAHA! That's how intense it is at work

No comments: