Sunday 13 June 2010

Willingness to change is a strength, even if it means plunging part of the company into total confusion for a while

9 months have come and gone, and in super-fast-fly-by 16 days, I will be serving my core. I don't know what to expect and I don't fancy the uncertainty. Not that I'm not used to it the past 9 months, but another 3 months of it will definitely drain me to the brims. 

I've been through 3, and I can safely say that I've learnt so much. Overdose perhaps of the corporate world knowledge. All 3 are different on its own and these days nothing comes easy. Lucky for me, I'm a big believer of "No problem is a life's biggest problem".  It definitely helps.

At work, there's just so many scenarios that sometimes come at the time when you least expect it! When you would think that maybe I'm not contributing enough. Have I done it right or have I instead created more issues on that project? No doubt, nothing's too big a problem so far, and given my grade, I have the least influence in how the company is doing. So, I've learnt that these are all part and parcels of life as I go along and learn :)

One crucial thing I definitely love, is the interaction and communication with different types of people. The tips and advise, the experience they share and the way they look at things, in their perspective and view. Indeed it's something so valuable that will take me a long way. I've got my hands on this book on 'Of People and Principles' that lays down the Commerce Asset Story (history of how we made it up to become CIMB through many mergers and acquisition that was targeted due to objective specific) and I became more aware of why things are like this and why we are trained this way too. It's an excellent read!

It makes me realize on the works of everything in the company today and I become more than willing to give back to the company. We are what we are today, definitely because of what they worked their ass off for before. The least we could do is maintain it. Sustainability. Whatever it is, I'm just happy to be going to work everyday! I'm so in love with work :) 

I probably like their approach (not saying in every way and every one's teaching method). "Willingness to change is a strength, even if it means plunging part of the company into total confusion for a while"

90 days

Is all that I need to proof my worth and God willing, successfully end my one year mark and get that name card changed. Amin :)


No comments: