Sunday 22 August 2010

Continuous Sickness

I've just been diagnosed this new sickness - I don't know what it's called, but I just know it's related to work.

Since things started picking up, and work became more serious, projects played a significant importance, things have been nothing less than crazy! But somehow, I love it. Yes, that's the sickness. I'm super in love with work. It scares me sometimes.

Why? It's because, I get so eager to go to work every morning, I don't get em Monday blues. In fact, when weekends come, I miss going to office - A lot at times. Thankfully, family time beats working-on-weekends happiness. This weekend happened to be one of the weekends when I am not called to office. I miss it no doubt, but I've had an amazing time spending it with my family at home! Mum, dad, abang, lil nieces, cousins, movies and the list goes on.

So a colleague recommended Grown Ups to watch, and coincidentally daddy woke me up for a movie day out today. So I decided on Grown Ups. Might as well, since I don't get movie time come by my way that often. I was told that the movie was funny and it's an excellent break. After it ended, I did find the movie funny, and a light hearted comedy perfect for a weekend break. However, funnily, I actually caught myself thinking, "These days I'd prefer sleep, or work rather than a movie at the cinema. Anytime. Or just listening to music and doing some reading. It actually gives me a greater satisfaction!"

I'm weird I know. Sometimes, I don't even understand myself. I really want to know, what is it it in my system that's driving my adrenaline to love work so much, I'd do anything to have that opportunity to work. Probably part of it is because, I am easily pleased (even my Boss agreed) and I'm easily motivated (my whole team themselves told me this) and I'd have to say, I have one damn amazing team!! I love the things I learn from them but I just really don't understand that 'virus' in me. Is this a normal 'working' phase that everyone go through? Or am I the only weird one?

Whatever it is, I'm thankful to Allah that I'm so in love with my job. Alhamdulillah :)

No comments: