Saturday 28 August 2010

Why I never did Law

When I was younger I used to look up to these lawyers and their ability to speak well. There I was staring at them and secretly wishing I can be a lawyer one day. Little did I know, I can never survive in the law field - at least I say so now.

Past one week I had the opportunity to represent my firm in fighting for our legal clauses in the legal documents for one of the facilities - the GFA (General facility Agreement), a legal document that lay down all terms and conditions that are agreed by both parties, "seller" and "buyer" before it can be executed.

So there I was reading the freaking sleepy+makes no immediate sense to my little brain+thick stack of documents, at every sentence telling myself that their sentences do not make sense, or it's one of those sentences that if you were to write in your SPM essay, you'd get a big fat F. Seriously, one sentence in TEN FREAKING LINES, with NO COMMAS and NO FULL STOP! What the heaven?! I'd die if I did this for my degree, I swear! I'd probably be struggling just to pass my first year.


But that aside, one thing I loved witnessing in the board room, was the heated discussion and rebuttal that our lawyers and their lawyers had for each other. It just amazes me how brilliant they are, and how professionally trained and  intelligent that every sentence that came out of their mouth was. MOTIVATING really! 


I, on the other hand, was feeling so thankful as every minute passed by, and even greater a thankful feeling as every second passed. Not so much of how small I feel amongst these intelligent lawyers, but if anything, I was brought to one of the most important part that makes up the whole process, and I was allowed to comment and I WAS HEARD! That, is something I would never ever trade for anything else, be it money or bonus. I'm only an associate, but I was entrusted to make comments against Partners of one of the most known Law Firm in Malaysia.


An ASSOCIATE (aka Trainee) vs A big law firm's PARTNER 


Everyday I look forward to go to work. Everyday I am eager to get up and get ready for work. I miss work when weekend comes and I'm just so very thankful to Allah for He is so Great! Only He can feel this amazing flow of thankful and happy feeling in me when it comes to work.

Really, it's the AMAZING TEAM that I have at work, the TRUST that they have in me, the exposure that they trust me with and I don't know how else to mention the greatness of this all. It's just massive and I'm just so thankful everyday, it's no wonder I'm so in love with work, Alhamdulillah :)

No comments: