Thursday 30 September 2010

The Place For Fish Head Curry




THE PLACE FOR FISH HEAD CURRY - At Kampung Atap

So one of my colleagues proposed for us to have lunch there today, and boy was it really THAT damn good a meal. Since it was a department lunch, I didn’t know exactly how much everything cost in total, but I’d strongly recommend for everyone to go.

The fish head curry is a signature dish – must try. Such succulent white meat, so fresh and perfectly cooked in curry that settles nicely in your stomach. So juicy and so yummy, you just can’t stop attacking it! However, I’m not good at eating its eyeballs or even biting clean on the head. It somehow gives me the creep. I always think if I did eat their eyeballs, they’d come and haunt me. Plus, even before I try it, I’m already imagining how its juice will squirt out it is – scares me thinking of how it’s like if people ate my eyeballs.

Before
After 10 minutes!!

One advise though, you should eat with your hands! Like one of my other colleagues said, only then you will “feel the satisfaction”. Haha! I decided to be stubborn and used fork and spoon instead. In my defense, I’d rather not have my hands smelling of good curry when I go back to work :P The smell stays for long I tell you. So, if you have a big meeting after lunch, DO NOT eat with your hands! Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you.

Fried Fish
These prawns are seriously so fresh!
Squids!

 Juicy and crispy these fried chickens are, one is definitely NOT enough!
This wasn't top of the list, but still yums nonetheless!

We cleaned all the plates, and definitely went back to work with heaviest stomach and eyes, the fish head curry effect is insane! We were happy people :)




No comments: