Monday 20 September 2010

Road Map To Malaysia

Towards Economic Prosperity and Social Justice

That was the theme for our 10th Malaysia Plan ("Plan") introduced on June 10th recently. It draws on these two transformation "pillars", Government Transformation Programme (GTP) and the much mentioned about New Economic Model (NEM) - to set in motion the gears that would hopefully turn the wheels that would propel the nation into the ranks of high-income nation by 2020. Wawasan 2020!

I remembered eagerly waiting for the newspaper man to come, just so I could read the full detail on how Malaysia will turn into a transformer. I even woke up early for this! What is wrong with me?! When Mr paper-man came, I actually told him, "Malaysia has a new plan!". I swear I caught him going "hmmphh" probably still sleepy that he had to deliver the papers in the wee hours!

The Plan will focus on 12 national key economic areas (NKEAs), similar to that of the NEM. I believe an Economic Transformation Unit will be established to plan and coordinate the implementation and development of the NKEAs.  The NEM on the other hand seeks to transform the Malaysian economy into one with high income and quality growth over the next decade. So, to drive this NEM forward, the NKEA Laboratories (Labs) are built to identify and study the feasibility of projects and initiatives under each NKEA as well as to develop implementation plans to deliver the NKEA targets.

I'm sure everyone has heard a lot about PEMANDU ( Performance Management and Delivery Unit), the unit under PM's department that is facilitating these NKEA labs? They're also the unit that will be spearheading the ETP!! Homaigod! How did I freaking know all these abbreviations and jargons?! I never knew they existed in my brain, I'm getting a headache now! Geez...

YES! I am THAT excited about all these. So imagine when Dato Sri Idris Jala extended the invitation to attend the Economic Transformation Programme last week? Well, it's called the Economic Transformation programme Open Day, but I'm not too sure how open is this Open Day. It's an open day, but you need to be invited, but it's a shout to public to attend but...Ok, so just give it a try and go already tomorrow. I'm sure once you're there, show a little over exaggerated eagerness, and a shy smile - the guards will definitely let you in. I can bet on that! :) but if you get shoo-ed away, don't come looking for me, thanks!


Here are the details:
Economic Transformation Programme Open Day



Date: Tuesday, 21 September 2010
Venue: Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC), Kuala LumpurProgramme:
9:00 am – 5.00 pm: NKEA Exhibition, Hall 4, Level 4
11:00 am – 12:00 pm: CEO Forum – “Economic Transformation Programme: The View from the Private Sector
Check this out for more details Road Map To Malaysia
See you guys there! I'm so freaking excited to roam around the 12 labs, especially for Financial Services and Greater KL! :):) Nites!

No comments: