Sunday 10 October 2010

10.10.10


LOVED THE ENERGY!

Nike City 10K KL today was a grand success! The energy was awesome, the determination was at it's peak and networking definitely was a two thumbs up :)

Abang and I woke up just slightly pass 5 this morning, chomped down a few pieces of the oatmeal raisin bread and pushed off from home straight after subuh prayers. We were both so eager to make our way to the race track that we forgot to attach the tag ID to our shoes ok (It's basically used to detect your timing and kilometres completed, I think Nike comes up with the most genius invention for sports sometimes!)! haha! Simultaneously, my cousins and uncles and colleagues pushed off at the same time with the plan to meet at the starting point.

When we got there, I got a shock of my life! I thought we will be one of the earliest, but I guess not! These people are just as eager as I was to compete for our Malaysia. Crazy enthusiastic people. I had a difficult time just rolling out of bed!
Half an hour before the run!

So we quickly attached our ID to our shoes, 

plugged in them motivation into the ears and off we went!

Cousins all ready to run :)

We ran like a family holding hands together for a good 3 minutes before we decided to go our own way, with Faris leaving everyone else behind already, Uncle Jack taking the lead amongst the cousins, then Kak Azura followed closely behind. Her motivation was "to end my suffering so that I can drink water at the end", so off she ran! Funny betul. Abang followed, and the next one was Abang Shah who ran because he was searching and asking "Ehhh, mane my wifee ni?". Another joker. Kak Ina, Uncle and I decided to enjoy the cool breeze and the beautiful scenery for a wee while more before we sped our way through.

Sadly, 2 kilometres ahead, one runner collapsed into fits. WITH NO DOCTORS around! I don't know whether they've learned any lessons yet since the death that took place during the Standard Chartered run a few months back. I saw Abang Shah (don't worry, he's a qualified doctor :)) attending to him and abang looking for an official whilst many other crowded around the runner. I went ahead with my run though coz I don't see a point in a thousand people trying to help. It just becomes messy. What more when I'm not a doctor myself. I'd just be a nuisance.

Think it was in the 24th minute, I made friends along the way! hahaha. So, he works in a bank, she works in an audit company and the other is still a student. What do you expect, you were running with another 9,999 participants, you're bound to make many new friends.

Some 37 minutes and 40 minutes later. Tada! We both looked half dead, but well satisfied! :):)

The fastest in the men category did it in 18-freaking-giler-laju minutes, whilst girls open was 30-also-damn-laju-giler minutes! Faris made it close to winning but fell just a little short with 23 minutes :( Nearly there, so still well done Faris!!! :):) This was the finisher mascot that we were told to collect at the end of the race as a souvenir. Mine's called Jay, whilst the rest of the cousins got Ari. Looks like Upin and Ipin please!

Whatever it is, it was definitely a feel-good day! Running for a good cause and for a healthy living, with family members and friends (new and old) and contributing to charity and my Malaysia. Now that's a lot of good for a Sunday morning isn't it? I ended up signing up for another charity run at the end.

So, here's a heads up.

This weekend will be the Mizuno run at UPM.
In november will be the Penang Marathon and Charity run for HOPE Malaysia
Early December, Standard Chartered Marathon in Singapore
Afterwards also in December is the Malakoff run (registration opens next weekend if I'm not mistaken)
In 2011, Standard Chartered Marathon in KL

 The girls
 The boys
 Mine and Abang's shoes. Yup! They're the same :)

So...What are you waiting for? Go sign up ald! :):) I swear I never knew I loved running....hmmm...Probably since the day I ran for the Bank.

2 comments:

Kim L said...

I want the shirt pls!! :) Good job Alia!

Alia Ishak said...

Can sayang! When you come home you can have mine :)