Sunday 24 October 2010

I am my age

but apparently I don't seem so to the rest.

I don't look my age. I "look younger".
I don't speak my age. I "speak older".

I look like a college/high school teenager. Sometimes. An intern look-a-alike at work at times. Apparently.
and I speak like a 25 year old. Apparently too.


All of these came from people around me, and when I make new friends. 


Just yesterday, I had someone calling me 'Kak Alia'. 
"Chop"
"How old are you?"
"23"
"Oh...hehe. I'm younger than you, so I should be the one calling you kakak" 
"Huh?! I thought you were 25"
"What makes you say that?"
"Coz the topics you talk about and things you say. You speak with maturity."
"I'd say it's probably because of the exposure, experience and maybe also because I started work a little too early?"

Last week at the office, an office mate came up to me in the gym and asked
"In which department are you interning at now?"
"Hmm...I've actually worked for a year plus now"
"Oh dear me. So sorry love. You look like you're in your teens"
"haha! Thanks. I shall take that as a compliment"

Haha! I guess sometimes, you just can't judge a book by it's cover huh? :) I blame it all on the sickness that I suffer from. Which is to not have the will power to restrain myself from picking up all those business magazines in the book store. I could spend ages in there just reading those business magazines I tell you! Ask me about a Hollywood actor, and I might just point to Brad Pitt when you ask for Will Ferrell. I'm THAT bad sometimes.  

Last week, I went over to get The EDGE from MPH. But instead of just The EDGE, I ended up spending a bomb and came out of the store, buying everything on the shelf! Hmmph. Well done la Alia. But in my defence, I am afterall helping the economy and expediting the cycle am I not? :P 

Something that gives me great happiness!


1 comment:

Raja Noor Izzuddin said...

You are matured at your age Alia.Though there is always room for improvement for anyone.Kudos!