Sunday 21 November 2010

Of SHOUT Awards and MIBA Awards

The closest I've been to a concert-like entertainment with THAT kinda crowd, in Malaysia, was Anugerah Juara Lagu last year and another where Siti Nurhaliza did a concert with Faizal Tahir and Aizat at Istana Budaya. Konsert Satu Suara. Musicals and theatres don't count.



This time, I was one of the fortunate ones to be invited and given VIP passes to SHOUT Awards 2010, and I have Ahmad Izham Omar to thank. THANK YOU! He's an amazing person, whom I recently got to know when we hosted him at our YCM CEO series. He has definitely managed to inspire many at the event that Wednesday night!
and to think that two weeks ago, whilst on my way to pass some YCM document for Media Prima, I bumped into the advertisement for SHOUT Awards in the lift and was wondering what it was all about, before forgetting all about it as I made my way out of Sri Pentas - not knowing that I will be attending one of the best executed event! :)

I'm always filled with many different feelings when going for these events. Proud, excited, eager, curious, you name it. Maybe because it's an event to celebrate our Malaysian artists. Our homegrown talent and our own people. But this time, apart from feeling all those, I was observing the logistics more than anything. And of course, being me, I don't really know ALL of them artists. Heard yeah, but know know, perhaps not all. Well, what caught my attention more were these

The stage layout
The amazing lighting play
The crowd placings
Especially the dancers' movements and dance choreography
The set up of the gadgets, DJs, props, visuals, audios
The way they manage the broadcasting and streaming it simultaneously online and on TV. LIVE


Amazingly, I would think that the whole set up tonight was on it's way to match an international one. SHOUT Awards has definitely brought it to another level tonight! :) Not fully there yet, but baby steps ok. Dancers execution was tip top! I felt like dancing along with them ok! If that was performed in gymnastic, there's probably not even a 0.2 penalty. Energy was beyond superb in that hall and the hosts were really engaging themselves with the crowd well!

8TV has done an amazing job at this year's SHOUT Awards! Amidst the audio glitches, everything else was excellent and was superbly executed. I personally loved the extensive positive progress in terms of the performance (choreography and dances) and especially how they got the crowd to engage themselves with the host! All in all, the team has definitely put everything together well, and produced an amazing collective effort! Kudos to the team on a job well done, and congratulations to all the Award winners! :) You guys are definitely the driver for Muzik Tanah Air!

It has got me motivated to pursue that performing arts dream now. So much so that I wouldn't stop talking to Elina about it all the way home! :P I think she hates me now for talking too much. Kthanksbye.


Same goes for dinner on Friday night. We were invited to the annual Malaysian Investment Banking Association dinner 2010 at Reinassance for the sports award presentation. I thought their concept was pretty similar to a wedding done in Dewan Felda, where strong energetic music is played when dinner is served. You know, like when they say "...and dinner is served". *drumrolls* and then you get phantom dressed waiters appearing from God-knows-where to serve you your food. I like that idea though as it gets me all energetic inside and this really positive feeling will start building in you! haha! I'm weird like that.


Representing CIMB Investment, my athletics love :)

But see, I tend to observe other things instead of fully focusing on the fact that I am proud we made it tops in Athletics this year for the first time. Good job CIMB :) Well, I think I've concluded that the reason why this has been happening lately is probably because our YCM Summit is 20 days away, and it got me thinking, can we, YCM stage this kind of presentation in the future? It'd be quite interesting actually. And to get these kind of same-crowd into better understanding the performing arts industry in Malaysia (read: Broadway)? I'm curious.

Anyway, I'm inspired and motivated to see things fall into place after the energy and effort we've put in, being in the office and sacrificing the Penang Marathon run *ahem ahem Firdaus*. So, on that note, don't forget to sign up for our YCM Summit ok! What's a better deal than and ASEAN journey with us, Free Of Charge! :) See you guys at our event pulak.

P/s : For those who missed out on SHOUT Awards, Shout Awards will be on tonton.com.my and repeated on 8TV, November 27th at 10.30pm.

No comments: