Wednesday 17 November 2010

The Reason Why

Previously, I had blogged about my thoughts on Performing Arts because I had the opportunity to meet up with them. An amazing team. A team that allows me to reconnect with my die-hard-passion. A platform that inspires me to look at performing arts differently rather than the typical I-won't earn-much-so-I'll-die-in-the-future-if-I-pursued-performing-arts. 

A team that I am proud to be a part of. The Broadway Academy team.



I was previously invited to their debut, SHOUT! The Mod Musical in July. VVIP invites were definitely hard to turn down. Simply irresistible. 

 Let's see, how many of you guys knew about SHOUT! The Mod Musical? How many actually went - to check out our very own talented Malaysians perform on stage? I believe not many of us knew about their existence, agreed? But to be fair, they're fairly new too. The musical was Broadway Academy’s debut presentation, featuring golden songs from yesteryear. Broadway Academy is the first Malaysian company granted professional licence to produce Broadway musicals from New York with homegrown casts. Aisyah and I definitely had our share of happiness and post event, we heard nothing but excellent reviews! :)

Broadway Academy was set up because the belief was strong. The belief to bring back home Broadway from New York. To create a platform for our Malaysian talents to shine and to allow for like-performing-arts-minded local talent to connect. To have our own Broadway at home and to allow Malaysian talents to dream  big - allowing their passion and love to grow progressively, on stage. Come on, if we can do Puteri Gunung Ledang and earn recognitions for it, why not work hard this time again to have an all-malaysian team doing Broadway musical. Nothing's impossible. Just really tough challenges to overcome. I'm inspired just by observing the bravery of all my team members. They came from various backgrounds, but with one belief. To create a performing arts hub. 

If there's one thing we believe in Broadway Academy is that performing arts is all about having fun on the stage and creating value out of it. I understand awareness may not be very wide out there just yet, but slowly, we should start catching up on ideas from abroad.  Currently, there are so many ideas and initiatives in the pipeline, but it's still work in progress. I'm getting very excited just thinking about it! If you were given the choice to choose, what would be the Broadway Musical that you would want to see here in Malaysia? 

Try looking at things from the positive side of it, amidst the fact that producing something spectacular like the PGL brought back very low ROI, tell me what initiative don't start with a tad of rough patch. But like my friend, I felt very proud after PGL. Proud that I'm a Malaysian and it was from Malaysian talent that this PGL was successfully executed. Try looking at things from a positive point of view and you'll be glad you gave it a try and would probably be on your way to creating something you'd never thought you could ever done - soon enough.


I'll let you in some sneak previews soon ok? Heads up, 'Dreamgirls' is coming out next July!  So watch this space. I might just give out some free tickets. But for now, here's the next upcoming one. Featuring a combination of songs from 

The Sound Of Music
Cinderella
The King and I
Oklahoma
South Pacific
Flower Drum Song to name some will bring you

"SOME ENCHANTED EVENING - THE SONGS OF RODGERS AND HAMMERSTEIN"

Showcasting our own homegrown talent, I'm absolutely excited to go for this. It's not easy to execute this one I tell you. You definitely need talent. To get your tickets and get to know more about Broadway Academy, click here. Alternatively, email me if you want to reserve the tickets. It has just started selling, so hurry and book!

THE FIRST 4 PEOPLE TO LIKE AND COMMENT on my wall post at Broadway Academy fan page will get a ticket to Echanted FOR FREE! So do leave a comment and your correct email address so that I can contact you guys to pass them tickets to you. (Does not apply to Malaysian residence staying abroad, so Shasa Aziz, Phoebe, Kim and Nik Izyan, you guys cannot get ok?)

 I've gotten my 8 tickets for the 18th of December, so what are you waiting for? It's gonna run from the 16th-19th December. Now, how hard is it to leave a comment? 

Let's start believing in this initiative and see you guys there! Much love,
The Part Timer with passion.

5 comments:

Farhanah said...

Hi, Alia!

What if there's a girl who studies abroad (not live. :p) but is looking forward to attend the musical. More than that, excited to see YOU perform?

Besides, I'm going to be around in December! :)

Farhanah Diman.

Breathing.In.Luxembourg said...

Hi! I've not gone through the whole entry just yet, will do after this. Comment here right? The first 4 four persons right? ;)

*Misz Elin@* said...

Me me me!!!!!

Alia.. i want to be part of this!! Pls pls pls!!!

How can I help??!! :D

Omg!!! Im feeling really EXCITED!!!

KUDOS!!!!

ps. i used to do musical reviews on my blog (tp lama dah lar..lol).. u could check it out

Iron Butterfly said...

Me! :D

Alia Ishak said...

Thanks a million guys for commenting and the emails. Unfortunately, it's all taken up already. To the first 4 who commented on Broadway Academy's facebook fan page.

However, keep the energy coming and stay tune for more updates! Just for the record, auditions for dreamgirls are just around the corner :) start training that voice and brushing up those dance moves! You can still buy them tickets though. Let me know if u want to buy any!