Tuesday 28 December 2010

Never Never Land on Christmas Night

I remembered one day after musical rehearsals, and I was telling Sya about it. The next thing I know, we were talking about Peter Pan the Musical, a west end production that was down here in Malaysia. Sya saw posters advertising the show all around Subang and Sunway and managed to get me as excited! Disney and Musical, something we share in common. 

So whilst we were planning for Aiman's surprise birthday party a few weeks ago, we were talking about musical and broadway in between. Guess what? After Aiman completed his CIFP papers for 2010, on Friday he told me "I got us tickets already for Peter Pan tomorrow!"

YAY!!!

At first I thought I shall dress up in green since it was Peter Pan afterall. But then, I started looking like a tree, so I decided on just a green hairband. Look who turned up in full green like Peter Pan and in all white like Wendy!


I personally thought it was very creative that they had the set up in Sunway Lagoon, inside the safari park. It was an outdoor setting and getting there was an adventure itself! Imagine we had to walk across the safari park, having time to appreciate the flora and fauna as we brave through till we got to the base of the hill. I was already starting to sweat I swear. It didn't stop there btw, the amphitheatre was nowhere to be seen! Next thing we were instructed to do was to hop on into one of the mini-train vehicle that "choo-choo"-ed us all the way to the set. My goodness, adventure much?

 The three of us all set for the show!

The show lasted a very good 60 minutes. It was rather short, but nevertheless happy! To add to the topping, it was Christmas night, so they did a christmas carol combo too. What do you think, it's Disney. It's always happy, if not happy endings :) 




It was indeed a very good show (though it was made short for some scenes). The casts had powerful voices, it was amazing! Set up and props were good too. For this one, I'd say the crowd interaction was super. The casts were fantastic at communicating with the crowd, especially the lil kids who came and how they managed to get the crowd involved too. It's more exciting when done this way :) Unfortunately, there was only one drawback. It's outdoors, so the voices did not 'bounce' back as fast to the audience. Nonetheless, it was still awesome happy happy joy joy! :)

The happy night did not just end there, we headed for Japanese afterwards. 
JAPANESE = Happy food!


Happy food means happy people.

Until a bug actually flew in between us and interrupted our conversation and got all three of us up up and away! How rude of these random bugs. Pfft...


All in all, it was an excellent and happy night out. A combination of Japanese food, Disney and Music. Just perfect :)

No comments: