Monday 27 December 2010

Some Enchanted Evening

Exactly a week after YCM Summit 2010, I had this. I can't sit still and just sleep at home, can I? *smacks forehead*

Some Enchanted Evening the musical, brought to you by Broadway Academy!

Since our inception, it has only been our 2nd show, with the first one being SHOUT! The Mod Musical. However, the excitement and adrenaline rush outdid the nervous feelings come show time. I'd say one of the best part was the preparations behind the scene.

It was a nice kind of chaos. It's like everything was happening all at the same time. One time you'd see Rachel walking to get changed whilst doing the "la la la la la la la la la", practicing her voice, then you see Casey and Dom doing sexy poses at one corner, not noticing that people spotted them. Afterwards come Shanel suddenly scaring everyone with her sudden powerful voice, and Eunice running around stripping to get changed into her lil cheongsam and I just tend to either disturb Mr Make up artists or be a curious cat testing the manuka honey for my throat. Well, it helps with the singing ok. Vincent singing his la la la's in the toilet too.

...and 5 minutes before the show. ALL READY!   :)






Rodgers & Hammerstein. It has become an integral part of our everyday lives. Don't tell me you don't sing Cinderella's 'In my own little corner', or '16 going on 17' or the likes of it. Don't lie. Pfft...

Anyway, this stunning collection of composition was set out in a theatrical setting - first "backstage", where the songs are sung as personal interplay, and then "onstage". What I love the most was the fact that not only did it offer us an opportunity to explore the songs within our own styles and sensibilities, but the crowd! The whole 4 days when the show took place, the crowd was amazing! Just fab  :) So engaging and so supportive, it was very motivating!

To be honest, none of this would have been possible without the most talented of all! Our two lil pianists. My God, I thought passing through all levels for piano when I was younger meant I'm qualified to be a teacher...NOT. I might as well throw those qualification out the window now and start learning with them all over again. They're definitely the true definition of fantastic!


If anything, the 4-days show went excellently perfect! Undoubtedly, it was the talent and passion combination that got us singing our hearts out and made it absolutely beautiful :)

Every night was a beautiful night!

Well, that's done now, and it went great. So, here's a sneak peek of our next one.

Auditions for this one went oh-so-very-very-well, I can hardly wait for the real practice to begin already homaigod! You tell me to do performing arts anytime of the day, I'd do it even if I had a broken leg. Ok, I didn't really mean that, but yeah, you get what I mean la. I'm excited ok, so let me be!

Coming to you
 KUALA LUMPUR
JULY 2011

So stay tune! :) I might just *ahem*...tickets? Hmm... 

To the people who came to support our show, a big thank you from the bottom of our hearts and much love from us. Btw, just in case any of you are interested, we have just open up our classes here in Broadway Academy. Come join us at the school and be a part of our show in the future! Email me if you guys are interested otays :) The broadway team makes an awesome group.

See you guys at our next show!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soon i shall join u :P

Alia Ishak said...

Hurry back already will you Doc? :) Can't wait to have you home for good darling!