Friday 7 January 2011

To Fly or Not To Fly

First week of 2011 is done! No, I'm not gonna report this every week, are you crazy? There's 52 weeks in a year! It's just that, it felt different. Somehow. In it's own interesting way.

There were so many happy moments and at the same time so many meetings and tight deadlines at work that kept me on my toes, I don't even know where to begin. At the same time when I felt a little nervous accepting bigger responsibilities placed on  me for this year, it started out great with a lot of early birthday presents! Gosh, everyone around me are just too kind, my birthday's not even all that close! But thank you for the awesome presents, especially those free flight tickets, screening passes and surprises. Thank you CIMB, my colleagues at work and Nuffnang MalaysiaYou guys are the best! :)

Sometimes, these are the the little things that make it a little challenging for me to decide whether I want to accept that offer or not to study abroad and leave my team or I am just too happy working and be here with my family - at home. Recently, I agreed and decided that's it's an advantage for me, to take the Certified Credit Professionals - a professional qualification in line with the Banking industry. So, classes start next week and my first paper won't be until April 2011. At least for this one, I am still able to work on weekdays, have my family when I come home and resort to classes on weekends.

When 2011 came, it hit me that I will be flying to London in about 9 months time to do my Masters - upon completing my professional qualification. Am I having second thoughts? It didn't help that my colleagues kept asking if I am sure I'm ready to leave work, when I have just been entrusted with more responsibilities come this year and whether I will come  back and serve the Bank or look for a job there. I don't know. I'm not good with parting with people I've become very close with, that's one. Secondly, you know it's not easy to just pack and go when superiors trust you with projects and assignments. So, my colleagues and I agreed that we have to spend as much time together as possible in these next few months. Seriously, I know them not more than 6 months, but just talking about leaving for masters made them sad. That's how much we've grown together, as a team.

Unfortunately, my January looks packed with travelling to 3 different countries in a month. First two being the countries where our counterparts are for meetings, and the 3rd destination is when I take a break to spend family time in London. Well, if you look at it, I can also visit our office in London! :) and then another 2 countries in February! I can never get too much of work now, can I? I fear the day when I don't have this much of energy anymore. It scares me just imagining it!

The more you want to spend time with them, the more you get sent away. I don't know what the future holds for me, neither do I know whether what I want will be the biggest value add for me. I can only plan, and I am that kinda person who likes everything laid down - a long term plan. That gets striked out and amended along the way of course. I just hope and pray everyday that I have the energy to do them in the best way-right manner possible. One thing's for sure, education and academic, they are the fundamentals. It's never a waste to learn more.

For now, I'm just the happiest person ever for He has given me such an amazing week with a fair share of happiness and stressful times. You know you've had a good week when you are able to spare some time for work, friends and family :) Alhamdulillah, I got to do all three.

2 comments:

Aneesa said...

Liking this. Makes me envy that you enjoy ur work tremendously and u dun feel like it's a chore to wake up every morning and go to work. Your energy is amazing. How i wish i have half of it ;)

Alia Ishak said...

Aww, I'm sure you do sweetheart. I definitely have my team to thank for without them, i wouldn't have had this kind of energy to begin with :) Happy new year babes!