Friday 4 March 2011

Bankers gone bonkers


When I got this tagged to all my belongings, only then I felt the Bali vibes! Trust me, none of us actually felt it before that, thanks to the crazy work load we had. Part of me wasn't even ready to leave work I tell you. 

Whilst packing for Bali that night, I kinda got really excited thinking about the beach and sun with sunnies and the sleep time I was planning to catch up on. 


Next thing I know, I was too scared to face the sun! So the whole 4 days I was there, I was ALWAYS in long sleeves, sunnies and sunblock. SPF what? 150? Psycho much? Well, like I've said before, I would rather suffer from the heat than get tanned. My colleagues were all in their 3/4 pants (guys) and bikinis (girls). I swear I did not look like part of the team. AT ALL. 

I stayed under the umbrella and in the shade. ALL THE TIME! Until.... I just had to get on that surfing board! OH-EMM-GEE. I never knew I could surf y'all! This was the deal, if I could stand up for 2 minutes and surf all the way to the shore only then I'll pay my instructor. If not, he just failed and I don't pay. I was quite determined to purposely fall at 1:59, secretly la. 


Boy oh boy, was it tough! I don't even need to purposely fall and I'm already in the water. Haha! But that only made me want to make sure I can surf. I did not come to Bali to try out surfing and fail ok. It'll probably kill me if I went back without being able to surf. Suddenly I got so pressured. Pressured to make sure I can surf! I think Bankers naturally have this "I have to make sure it happens or I'm not leaving!" in them. 

Soon enough, I was paying my instructor. Yup! I was able to surf all the way to the shore on both small waves and big waves. I.WAS.SATISFIED. *pats myself on the back* 
I got the hang of it and afterwards, I couldn't stop surfing. An achievement indeed! I didn't even think I was gonna go surfing to begin with. My instructor was the best though! He could read me well and was encouraging me at every attempt :) If you did not realize, I was in long sleeves too whilst surfing! I suddenly had the biggest love for long sleeves and sunblock (on a whole new level) in Bali. haha! 

I shall save the pictures of when my colleagues looked smokingly hot in bikinis and all la k. They're all taken anyway :P

Then come the next day, we decided to become a little more adventurous. We went for FLYING FISH! What on earth right?! The more reason why we wanted to try it to be honest! It looked crazy. Afterall, this is the time when you try out new things - for the experience :)

 
When I had to pen down my signature in that insurance form - only then I started asking myself what was I paying for?! They had a death clause too btw! *smacks forehead*
(yes, I was still in long sleeves :P)

Well, there's always a first for everything isn't it? 


See this? We were lying on our back, unstrapped and having NOTHING hold us down onto the float. *Haih*

I did not love myself enough is it?! I was still debating with the guy about safety and how we need to have some kind of safety belt or we might just fall into the sea when we're in mid air.
His next reply was "Itu la baru bagus dan enak!"

O_o
Freak.Of.Nature

This shut me up the next minute...


Yes! We were flying up high in the air on the left (WITH NO-FREAKING-BELTS!) and I....actually loved the thrill! I swear, I'd do it again and again if I could. It was a very nice view when we were high up in the air and the sea was nice and clear, I suddenly forgot that I signed that insurance which had a death clause 
:S


I say, it's a must try. Worth your money and the experience really! Haha, now berani la cakap. Hari tu, I nearly puked. But jokes aside, when in Bali, try all the crazy things, coz you might just not have the chance to next time. Come on, you should do things you never thought you'd do. That would give you the most satisfaction!

3 days in Bali and I had A LOT OF FUN! I'll definitely go there again :)

4 comments:

Kim L said...

I loved Bali. would love to go back there again! Flying fish was so awesome!!! we paid for an extra ride.. it was expensive though.. but worth it.

Did you go diving? Apparently you dont need license to dive there :D

Alia Ishak said...

Tell me about it! It was awesome :) I'd do it again and again too. Well, we were a lil caught off guard, coz we did not realize it was in USD and not in IDR. hehe...Worth every cents though! Diving was not at nusa dua though, had to go out to another island :) and yes you don't need a license y'all!

RS said...

I reckon you'd look pretty cool with golden brown skin! seriously! some people think it looks horrid on them, but as long as you scrub your skin regularly, you'll get a golden tan as opposed to a dull, dust-coloured tan.

Seriously! =D

ok I'm getting brainwashed by the mat sallehs. =S HELP.

Alia Ishak said...

Aww, thanks :) Give me time, maybe I'll give it a try one day! For now, I don't think I'm ready to be best friends with the sun just yet.