Thursday 31 March 2011

Haywire

When exam is in a few hours. Study leave has been nothing but exhausting. Sleeping pattern all gone haywire. My brain fuming from all the stress and I-OMF (oh-my-FBM KLCI) miss work and the hype when market opens everyday....

This is also the time when I master the art of power-napping! It's an acquired skill I tell you. 5 minutes would feel like 5 hours. Or better still, 10 minutes, and I'm already having a full-length dream.
Usually when this happens, I often have my phone in my hands all the time. Time is too precious and I cannot afford to power nap for 6 minutes when I only planned for 5. So what do I have when my system is a lil haywire? (Mind you, this happens everytime I have something due, be it work, exams, etc)

International alarm clock!

Yes, my darling will either PING! me, or call me until.... I wake up. This is truly the most difficult task for her, especially if it happens between my 2am - 5am. I'd even debate with her for an extra 5 minutes sometimes :P  You poor lil child, I love you Phoebe! :):) To make it up to that, I wake her up too when it's morning in the UK. Who said we needed to be in the same country?

Then comes the annoying stress level that builds up. Sometimes unexpectedly, and lately it has been quite crazy, even I cannot explain why I'm that stressed out! An accumulated amount from work and professional paper and whatever it may be. Yeah, must be

*sigh*

There's only one way I could do to 'pujuk' my system. And that is to remind my system about the good old studying days and how I used to have a love-hate relationship with it. How do I do this? Stack up on my favourite exam food!








Yes, if you don't know, all those chocolates ARE available in Malaysia (since many people have asked me)! I only wished they had Alpro Soya back home too.

Good luck to all those sitting for their professional paper this weekend! :):) I can't wait to get back to work next week!

6 comments:

PHOBELINA said...

OMG NAK PODS PLEASE!?

Alia Ishak said...

Of course you can darling! and you will get it when Azwan comes home ok :) I'll get him to bring back to the UK for you. Love you! xx

PHOBELINA said...

YAY! Love you too! xoxo

RS said...

thanks for the exam studying tips. I love reading posts on them! =D I'm stressed out of my brains. soooo much work. dear Lord, help me!

www.riskofrain.com

cFu said...

all tha best.. :)

Alia Ishak said...

RS : Why you're most welcome! Though I think I was only touching a lot on good exam food :):) But hey, good luck with work! You'll get through it perfect fine! It was nice to have finally met you last week btw :) *hugs*

cFu : Thank you! I'm done now, it was an actually-ok-but-oh-so-tricky paper. So I think I need all the luck in the world indeed :)